Year 4 - 23

With the ball coming up that night everyone was excited, all spirits were raised, even the teachers were happy. However, happiness for some people come in different forms, like pranks.

The Weasley twins had planned a prank, one that would ruin someone's happiness. They sat in the Great Hall, waiting for the plan to carry out. Some of the Gryffindors knew of the prank and were watching to see who it would hit. The Gryffindors who knew heard footsteps, and they turned to the doors, they didn't see who it was, but there was suddenly a loud pouring sound and a gasp. Everyone looked to the scene and saw someone, wearing Slytherin robes, with their head covered in something bright purple. Professors Dumbledore, Snape and McGonagall rushed to the student. When the student looked up, everyone saw it was Cassiopeia, the Gryffindor's felt a little guilty- as they had hoped it would be someone else.

The teachers reached Cassiopeia and looked up to see how the stuff was poured on her head, they saw that it was a prank and turned to the Weasley twins. Everyone else following suit. Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore approached the twins.

"Did you do this?" Professor McGonagall asked them. They nodded, and she sighed. "With me, now!" And with that the three walked to her office. Everyone turned back to Cassiopeia, who surprisingly looked calm.

"Cass, your hair!" Amelia exclaimed in worry coming up to her. "What are you going to do? It's the ball tonight!" Everyone was watching and waiting for her response.  Cassiopeia just shrugged, everyone was shocked at her calmness.

"I will sort something out. Told you that you'd jinxed me." Cassiopeia replied to her friend with a laugh. At that point everyone knew that she would not allow this to ruin her mood. "Let's eat, and then get ready!" Together they ate their food and went to their dorms, on the way, however, the Weasley twins walked up to them.

"Cassiopeia, we would like to apologise." Fred said for the two.

"It's okay, I forgive you." Cassiopeia replied, they looked in shock.

"Why aren't you mad?" George replied.

"We ruined your ball." Fred added.

"No, you ruined my hair." Cassiopeia clarified. "Besides, I'm not letting me having bright purple hair ruin my ball. I've already had my original dress ruined, I can't go with who I wanted, and I'm not letting anything else go wrong. Bye, boys, have a good ball."

~*~

Together the girls, Hermione and Ginny coming over, got ready for the ball, Amelia was still fretting about Cassiopeia's hair. But Cassiopeia had a plan, some simple hair changing spells would do the trick. They spent almost all day getting ready for the night, they enjoyed the moment- knowing another wouldn't be coming soon. That's why it felt so magical for them, because it was something new and a time for them to get dressed up. It was time to walk down to the Great Hall, Cassiopeia hadn't shown anyone, apart from Amelia and Professor Snape, her dress but no one had seen her hair, she wanted it to be a surprise. That's why the others went first, they left the dorm a while before Cassiopeia, who stayed in the bathroom towards the end as she changed her hair. She just hoped that she'd done enough to make herself look alright.

-----***-----

Thanks for reading

Sorry for the short chapter, I'm not having a great time at the moment with my mental health, but I'll try and keep writing when I can.

Here are the outfits for the others:

-Zoe