Fifty-Two: New

Chapter Fifty-two: New

A/N: i'm about to be the realest i've ever been with y'all :) :) justin's calvin klein photoshoot got me feelin all TYPES of things and i just don't think i should ignore those feelings ok :) :) :) :) PLUS ALSO this chapter took me a while bc i was gonna make it all one but that would be WYWAYWYAWYA too long so now i'm shooting for two :)

__________

Song of the chapter:
Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding (the fifty shades of grey soundtrack is an actual work of art do yourself a favor and listen to it TREAT YOSELF)
__________

December 31, 2012
6:54 p.m.
New Years Eve

I could hear more and more of my family members arriving from my bedroom upstairs. My mom wanted to have New Years at our new home that year for everyone to finally see it. It was hard to gather everyone together at once, but we finally managed.

My sweating hands ran down the front of my gray shirt, smoothing it out to the best of my ability. I then ran my fingers through my hair, messing it a bit. The thin gold chain around my wrist was cool against my forehead. All the while, I was staring back at myself in the mirror in hopes to perfect my appearance for my family, my friends, and Natalie.

It was the first time my family and friends were going to see me since Katherine died. Of course, so much had happened since then. I fell into a depression, clawed my way out when I met Natalie, fell back into it when I lost Avalanna, struggled a little, then hit rock bottom when Natalie left for treatment. But in that moment on the very last day of the year 2012, I was on the road to bettering myself.

Chances were that some of my family members were aware of what happened to me through my mom. At the least, my grandparents knew. But I didn't want them or anyone else to see all of the negativity that flooded the previous months-- I wanted them to see how it made me an overall better person. All of those downfalls that were impossible to escape made me strong-willed and respectful and appreciative-- nothing like I was before. And though I was still struggling every single day, I was trying and it showed.

The screen on my cell phone lit up on my dresser. I stopped adjusting myself and moved to my phone, noticing Natalie's caller ID. Smiling, I brought the phone to my ear. She brought me relief whenever I was stressed or nervous about anything.

"Yes?" I hummed.

"Justin, I don't know what to wear," she groaned. By the sound of it, she was shuffling through her closet like a mad woman.

I chuckled at the thought. She was probably in her underwear with her hair and makeup all done trying to find something to wear to impress my family and friends. She didn't need to, though. She could get them to like her simply by being present.

"Babe, just put something on. You look amazing in everything."

"Justin!" she whined. "This is the first time I'm meeting your family! I don't want to give off the wrong impression, you know?"

I sighed, looking up at the ceiling. I couldn't stop myself from smiling due to how much she cared. "Do you want me to come over?"

"Please?" she begged sweetly.

"I'll be over in a little bit," I laughed.

"Okay," she was smirking. I could tell by her voice. "Come quick. I'm timing you!"

"I'll be sure to take my time," I teased.

"Ha-ha," her tone was sarcastic and playful. "Just get your ass over here."