Thirty-Three: "She hates me."

A/N: remember this ENTIRE PART IS IN JUSTIN'S POINT OF VIEW NO MORE NATALIE OK GOODBYE NATALIE THIS IS ALL JUSTIN NOW OK OK*************

!!!!!!
_________
Thirty-three: "She hates me."
_________
Song of the chapter:
You & I by One Direction
_________

My eyes browsed over the small figure before me, and god, she was beautiful. I knew she was tired by the way her eyes had dark circles around them and the way her skin was so much more pale than usual. Even with those tiny flaws, she was just beautiful.

Her eyes darted away from mine and to the ground when she saw that I had been studying her.

I really hope she's not back to doing that again, I thought. I thought I got her to stop that but then again, she probably was second guessing everything about me because of what I said to her.

"I, um--" she started, closing her lips and then swallowing. "I thought your mom would be home."

I shook my head. "No, today's her first day back to work. Did you, uh, need something?" I questioned, my eyes landing on the box. It was closed, so I had no idea what was inside.

She bit her bottom lip-- something she always did when she was nervous. But still, her eyes avoided me. I didn't blame her.

"Well, I-- your mail came to my house again but also, I have some of your things in here. Just some clothes and CDs and things like that."

I pursed my lips and nodded, a silence wrapping around the both of us. It didn't necessarily bother me considering I just looked at her, taking in every little piece of her that I missed so much. Whether it was good or bad, I didn't care. I missed it. I missed her. And I knew that it would take a lot to get her to trust me even a little.

She wants to give me my stuff back already? She didn't even give me a chance to apologize.

Don't bother apologizing, my thoughts testified against each other. You've already said enough. Keep your mouth shut for once. You lost her.

"I can't really take the box or anything so if you don't mind," I started, moving out of the door frame. "could you put it on the counter or something for me?"

She finally moved her eyes up to me. She appeared slightly taken back by my sudden invitation inside, but she nodded and moved past me, placing the box on the kitchen counter top.

"The mail is in there too," she murmured. Her voice seemed different. It was so much softer and raspier. It was as if she was trying to be quiet for the sake of a sleeping child in the next room over (for the record, there wasn't one). I hated it. I missed her voice and the words that tied along with it. The girl before me wasn't Natalie, but it was my fault.

"You'd think by now they'd know better," I joked about the mail in an attempt to lighten the heaviness of the mood. She cracked a smile, but it didn't matter because I knew it was fake.

Look what you did to her. You screwed her up.

It was quiet again and her eyes were locked on the ground like before. She anxiously scratched her arm, which made me nervous. I noticed she was wearing sleeves and it was fairly hot out. God only knows what she had done after we fought.

I used to check her arms nonchalantly to see how she was doing and for the longest time, she was okay. I never noticed anything new and that made me so happy. But in that moment with a nearly hollow shell of Natalie in front of me, I wasn't so sure.

"I'm should probably get going," her voice was just about a whisper.

God, she hates me.

She started towards the door after shooting me a really uncomfortable and forced grin. Something finally pushed me and I stopped her.