Part 2- Thirty-Two: Vacant

Part 2: /Justin's POV/

Thirty-two: Vacant

A/N: y'all are so ruthless lmao put yourself in Natalie's shoes if the one person you trusted pointed out every single one of your internal flaws I think you would second guess a lot too.. idk. he's "justin bieber" to you but to natalie, he's just justin. plus, I told ya it's not going to be a fairytale story that ends with butterflies and rainbows like girl don't trip lol ok

__________
Song of the chapter:
Secrets by OneRepublic
__________

I was angry-- infuriated, actually. As I was being wheeled down the hallway after the doctors and nurses "repaired me," I couldn't stop thinking about how mad I was.

You were supposed to die out there. You shouldn't be here right now.

Those words kept circling my mind even as two nurses assisted in getting me into the hospital bed.

"Can we get you anything?" the one with the short, boyish blonde hair asked as she pulled the rather uncomfortable white sheet up to my waist. My leg was elevated since it was broken, so I didn't really see a purpose in the blanket.

I simply shook my head, feeling slightly lightheaded with every move. They said that would happen for a little while because of the concussion. Personally, I blamed it on the medication they were nearly forcing into my body through the tube hooked up to my arm.

"Well, if you do end up needing something," the nurse began, moving over to the other side of my bed. "just hit this button right here." She pointed at a small red contraption that kind of reminded me of one of those Staples buttons that said "that was easy."

Again I didn't say anything, I just nodded. I was in no mood to talk to anyone, especially not after I had just seen my mom. Seeing her cry and hug me and yell at me all at once was something I could never get out of my head for the rest of my life. I could barely look her in the eye because I felt so guilty.

Both of the nurses let themselves out, leaving me in the quiet, isolated room that was completely too white. Even at night, I was sure that the room would still be bright as day.

I lifted a hand and touched my forehead where the doctor's believed my head hit the steering wheel when I crashed into the tree. There was a thick bandage their with some tape around it to secure it in place. Apparently I lost a lot of blood from it which made me really dizzy on the way into the hospital. Of course, I couldn't remember. The last thing I recalled was driving straight down the little side road by the woods at eighty miles an hour. Nothing else.

My eyes shifted from side to side, noticing a side table on my left, a chair that looked quite comfortable on my right (note the sarcasm), and a door leading to the hallway straight ahead of me. There was a television hanging from the ceiling that couldn't have been more than one foot by one foot. There was a window with cheap white blinds and adjacent to that was a pretty crappy-looking piece of art. It was a landscape of a beach-- boring.

I slid my tongue over my teeth and rested my head on the paper thin pillow, but I wasn't too tired. I just needed to lay down because I didn't feel right. Everything was blurry and seemed to be spinning but of course, that was just a side effect from the supposedly "minor" concussion.

The door across the room quietly opened and my eyes darted up towards it. I saw my mom, a warm smile on her lips. It was much different than what she was like before and it made me happy to see her that way again. I hated seeing her sad.

"Hi, honey," she crossed her arms over her stomach and entered without closing the door. I would have told her to close it, but I didn't want to push it. I almost died and I felt guilty as ever. "How are you feeling?"