What To Do?

Melody's POV

River didn't interrupt me once as I told her the story. When I finished, she said, "Does the Queen have a phone?"

"Yeah, but only few people can call it, and we're not one of those people," I said gloomily. "I'm scared, though."

"I'd expect that," River patted my back. "Not much you could do."

"I really don't want to think about this right now," I said. "I'm terrified as it is."

"Alright..." River looked at Dad. He shrugged. "I don't know what to do, either. But we're tired, and maybe we should go to sleep. Oh, River, I need to talk to you."

"Okay." she stood up, and so did I. I rubbed my head. "I'll see you guys in the morning or whatever. 'Night."

"Good night," River called.

I pulled on my pajamas, thinking. I hadn't done anything. But yet, I was the target. I was the deer being hunted for sport, not for meat. They wanted me dead just for the hell of it. And, like hunting deer for the fun of it, it was just sick and wrong. "But when was Liliana never wrong?" I wondered out loud. I sighed. They were virtually immortal. Nobody could stop them-ever.

I laid down in bed, pulling the sheets over me, as though that would protect me from the killer inside me. I don't remember falling asleep, but eventually I did.

River's POV

"And you don't want to-why not?" I asked the Doctor.

"If something happens to Ella, and she dies..." he muttered. 

"Which won't happen. And if it does, you raised Melody. What's the difference?" 

"Twins. They're twins," the Doctor said.

"So?" I raised an eyebrow. I was trying to convince the Doctor that we could be godparents, but he's as stubborn as his daughter. Still, so was I.

"What would we do, if Ella died?" he asked.

"We'll cross that bridge once we get to it," I said.

"If something happens to Ella, they're not staying on the TARDIS. It's too dangerous," he muttered.

"So that's a yes?" I asked. 

"I guess." He shrugged. "I need to check something." 

"Okay," I said. Once he left, I smiled. For once, I changed the Doctor's mind.

The Doctor's POV

I searched the library until I found the book. I sat down and cracked it open. I searched the contents until I found what I was looking for.

As I read, I heard River come in. "Late night reading, sweetie?"

"Just looking up something," I muttered. I put the book down. "Melody was never suppose to live until her age because of her heritage. It's amazing that she has."

"I know, love." River sat down next to me. "Where do we go now?"

"I don't know," I sat miserably. "Something that will help Melody."

"Take her home," River suggested quietly. "We'll need to talk to Ella, anyways."

So, once Melody woke up, I told her what was happening. She nodded and took a sip of her coffee. "Alright. I'll stay there for a while, but not forever. Promise you'll come back."

"Promise," I said, hugging her.

I am so so sorry that I haven't been really putting in many adventures. I will, soon, I promise. I have an idea.