Fighting the Daleks (and Some Cybermen)

Doctor's POV

"Daleks!" Melody spun around and pulled a gun out of her pocket. "Oh, God..."

"Daleks?" Anastasia whimpered.

"I'm going to tell your siblings," I said, running out of the room.

I was halfway down the stairs when I ran into Jasmine. "What in God's name was that explosion?" Jasmine asked.

"Daleks. Blew the wall," I explained.

"Oh my God..." Jasmine ran up the stairs. "Wait-what floor?"

"Third."

"Whatever were you doing on the third floor? You could've been killed!"

"Yeah, especially when the Daleks broke in," I ran after her. "Where are you going?"

"Getting a weapon," she called back. "Where's Melody?"

"Third floor," I ran back up the stairs. Melody was nowhere in sight. "Melody?" 

All of the sudden, at the middle of the hallway where it branched off onto another hallway, three Daleks appeared. I spun around, slipping a little on the wet floor, and ran back. By this time, Jasmine had the guns-big machine guns that I knew could pierce through a Dalek no matter what and impale the wall behind it-and had one loaded. "Move it, Time Lord!"

I had the sense to press myself against the wall as Jasmine let the gun loose, killing all the Daleks. I could hear them scream as the bullets passed through their bodies. But more were coming. I grabbed Jasmine's arm. "Retreat. We need to retreat."

"Where the hell is Melody?" Jasmine snarled. 

"I don't know, but I'm pretty sure she ran and hid. Now, get downstairs!"

Jasmine followed my orders, pointing her machine gun at the Daleks before turning around and following me, sprinting down the stairs.

On the way down, we ran into Melody. "How the hell did you manage to get down here?" I snapped when I saw her. "I was worried that you were exterminated."

"I used my legs. And I'm still here, so stop worrying. We've got a bigger problem!"

"And what problem could be worse than Daleks?" Jasmine asked.

"Daleks and Cybermen?" Melody suggested.

Jasmine cursed and sprinted down the stairs. "We've got a big problem. Alex, Melissa, arm yourselves!"

"Dad, with me," Melody commanded.

I followed her down the stairs, unsure where she was leading me. We came to the living room, and it was flooded with Cybermen. "Delete! Delete!" they chanted, holding up their arms to delete us, but Melody lifted up her little hand gun and blew the head off a Cybermen. She destroyed another and cursed. "Out of ammo."

"So run!" I grabbed her arm and we took off running.

"We need to head to the garage!" Melody said, looking behind her.

"Why?"

"I have a plan, and I need the TARDIS!" I could the Cybermen footsteps. Suddenly I remembered something. "Where's Ella?"

Melody cursed. "Oh my God! Where's Graham and Kendall?!"

Before I could react, Melody took off running. "We can't leave them!"

I sprinted after her. "Melody! Get back here! MELODY!"

Melody's POV

I ignored Dad's calling. I had to find Graham and Kendall. I couldn't let them die. I ran through the Cybermen, ducking and weaving and managing to stay alive. Blasts hit the walls, showering me in stone dust. I still ran.

I ran into Alex on the staircase. "Where's Kendall and Graham?"

"On the sixth floor. That's where the Daleks are heading," he said.

"I need to get them!" I pushed past him and continued up the stairs. He ran after me, calling, "Wait!" But like Dad, I ignored him.

I swore when I got to the top of the staircase to the sixth floor. Daleks were blocking it. Alex came up right behind me, and said to me, "Wanna play Kill a Dalek?"

I looked at him with a dirty look, and he grinned and lifted his machine gun and fired it. How the Daleks were set up, he could kill two at a time with only one bullet. Soon, we had a clear pathway before the Daleks even tried to exterminate us. We ran up the rest of the stairs. "I'll get Graham and Ella. You get Kendall," I said.

"Right-o, captain," he ran down the hall. I ran in the opposite direction. I went to Graham's room first. The eighteen-month old slept through the whole thing. I grabbed him out of his crib. He opened his eyes and I told him, "Go back to sleep." 

"Mommy?" he muttered. 

"Mommy's fine. First, we need to go see Ella, okay?" I held my nephew close as I sprinted to Ella's room. I pounded on the door. "Ella!"

Ella threw open the door. "What, Melody?"

"Daleks. And Cybermen. We need to get downstairs. Now!"

Ella swore and ran down the hall, tying a pastel blue bathrobe around her waist. I ran after her.

The Cybermen were reduced to metal scraps. I was breathing heavily. "What-the-hell."

"Guess you didn't need to use your plan, huh?" Dad asked.

"Wrong," I gave him a smile and dumped Graham into his arms before he could react. "Keep an eye on him. He likes running around naked." 

"You're not flying my TARDIS alone. Ella, watch the kid. He likes running around naked." Dad and I ran down to the garage.