The Blix

Doctor's POV

When Melody woke up, I asked her where she wanted to go, and she just shrugged.

However, the TARDIS just stayed put.

"What's the matter with you?" River asked her, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Maybe Dad's flying it wrong," Melody suggested. I glared at her. "I'm flying it perfectly fine!"

Melody sighed and went around the console, flipping switches and trying to get her to fly. But the TARDIS just stayed put and shuddered. "Alright, it's not Dad's flying," Melody concluded with a sigh.

"I don't think we're here for just Melody," I muttered. "I think that's not the reason why we're here."

"Great. I feel sooo loved," Melody grumbled. "What now?"

"We find out why we're here," I said as though it was obvious (which it was). Then I added, "But don't worry Melody-the TARDIS still adores you." 

"Meh...." she replied, and followed me out of the TARDIS. I pulled out my sonic screwdriver and walked in a circle. The whirring got louder pointing to Melody's apartment. I frowned. "That's not good, is it?" Melody asked. I shook my head and jogged to the apartment building. Melody sighed. "I thought I'd leave home for an adventure. Oh, well."

"Nice apartment building," River commented. "I thought it wasn't safe for a place to be lacking a fire escape."

"We might be moving," Melody said. River nodded. "Lucky you." 

"Might. I hope we do, though-I'm sick of living in a two bedroom apartment and sharing a room with Stella."

"Aren't you going to be eighteen soon?"

"Melody living by herself would be a nightmare," I said, doing the thing with the sonic again. "I don't think she'd last a month-I don't care if it's financially or if she's lonely."

"Probably a combination of both," Melody grinned. The whirring got louder towards the elevator.

"Surprisingly, we're not getting any strange looks," River noted.

"That's because I'm in the group. My neighbors are used to me doing strange things," Melody said.

"What makes you say that?"

"I've walked through the building with a bra on. Trust me, they're used to it."

"Why-actually, never mind. I really don't want to know," River said. I soniced the up and down buttons and the down one lit up. "Melody, what's in the basement?" I asked.

"The laundry room, more supplies-why?" she asked.

"We need to go down to the basement," I said, stepping into the lift. River muttered to Melody, "Something tells me your reason for wandering around in your underwear involved the laundry room."

"I was out of shirts," Melody said defensively. River rolled her eyes and followed me into the elevator. Melody muttered something that I couldn't make out and stepped in with us. Melody leaned against the wall as we went down a floor to the basement. The doors slid open with a ding and we stepped out. It was early morning, so nobody was downstairs, doing laundry. Melody went to the metal door across the laundry room and she soniced it open with her laser light. "I've always wanted to be in here," she said excitedly. I rolled my eyes and followed her inside the room. 

It was just a stone room with a round, metal plate in the middle. Melody walked across the dirt floor and soniced it open. "It looks like it goes down into a stone corridor. A tunnel system, maybe?"