Chapter 8

As I lay my head down on my pillow, I begin to stare out my window from my laying position. What am I supposed to do now? Naruto doesn't deserve this. That Uchiha bastard doesn't undertand that this is my job. How am I supposed to stop the investigation?

My thoughts begin drifting away, as my eye lids start to become heavy.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I stare ahead of me, as my gun is raised at the man. I know this isn't real, it's all a dream. I've dreamt this nightmare many times, but it has always gotten to me. Everything seems so vivid.

I gasp, my heart rate fastens, and sweat trickles down my face. It's different this time.

"I warned you." The man said.

"S-Sakura. . ." The familiar voice begged.

Instead of the usual older man I always see in this dream, it's a younger, attractive, and built man. The same man that has been haunting me in reality. And this time the usual familiar little girl is my co-worker, whom I have become best friends with.

The gun in my hands starts shaking from my fear of losing him, "Please, Sasuke. Don't do this."

The Katana Sasuke's holding pricks Naruto's neck, and the blood becomes noticable.

"You disobeyed me." The raven's face is emotionless.

I bite my bottom lip, but yell, "Please, I'm begging you! Let him go! Kill me! He doesn't deserve this!"

Then comes that smirk. That same smirk that gets planted on his gorgeous face each and everytime I say something to him. That arrogant, egotystical smirk.

"Hn." He throws Naruto to the ground, and stares at me.

"Everything I'm doing has a purpose." His voice echos.

~*~*~*~*~*~

My eye lids open automatically. I sit up from my bed, and look at my clock. It's only three in the morning. Immedietly, I get a piercing feeling in the pit of my stomach that screams success.

"I finally understand now." My voice announces softly.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Dawn is still an hour away from arriving. As I walk through the empty streets. I try looking in every corner for an alley. Once I find one, I walk through it, and stand in the middle of the narrow space that surrounds me. I don't do anything, just stand, until I can hear a small sound coming from above.

I sigh, "I know you're here."

Nothing happens.

"I need to talk to you."

I turn towards the entrance I came from, and try to see if he might've followed me from behind.

"Then talk." A deep, velvet voice demands from behind me.

I spin around quickly, my heart racing. There he is, standing in front of me. His dark eyes bore into mine, waiting for me to speak. I need to keep my composure. I don't understand why he's affecting me like this.

"I-I understand what that note meant." I say.

He crosses his arms, and leans his shoulder against a brick wall and says, "Do you now?"

His voice sounds so confident. Kind of like he thinks I'm stupid and haven't figured it out yet.

"You won't kill Naruto." My voice grows serious.