Chapter 4

The next morning, I got up from my bed, remembering the dream I had last night. Ever since that day happened, the images never failed to leave my mind. I am scarred, and I don't know what to do about it.

I put on a v-neck, long-sleeved, white shirt and black khaki pants, with black flats. I hate that I have to dress professionally, but it's part of the job. Once I'm finished, I put my hair in a tight bun, and strands of pink hair fall around my neck and ears, along with a bang that lays on my forehead.

Before I walk out the door with my shoulder bag and jacket in hand, I walk to the fridge to get a bottle of water. Once I spot the water bottle laying on the middle shelf, I spot the pizza box. It's so tempting to just eat it all. I quickly open up the box, and grab a cold slice for breakfast.

"I'll see you when I get home," I chuckle, then walk out the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"His photo's been released to the public, so that could give us an advantage if he's spotted," I hear Kakashi say, as I walk into the office.

"True, but it could also be dangerous. People may want an award for finding him, but they won't get anything," Sai states.

"Don't worry," I begin as I place my shoulder bag down, and eat my last bite of cold pizza, "They know how dangeous he is. They'll just be asking for a death wish. Besides, no one asked for a bounty."

Naruto nods, "She's right. This is our case anyway."

"Did you rest well, Sakura?" Kakashi asks.

I nod, "I did. How long were you guys here last night?"

"Until around three in the morning," Naruto answers.

"Hopefully it paid off. Anything new?" I walk towards them, and stare down at the map they were looking at.

"Inuzuka said when they were looking for him after the hotel, they got another report saying he stole some tomatoes from a produce market beside the hotel," Kakashi explains, "Which means he didn't go too far after the hotel."

"Hm," I start, "From all the past reports I read on him stealing, it's come to my attention that it's only food and water. That must be the only way he gets by."

"Yeah, but why kill along the way? He has no reason to, unless people were interfering with him stealing," Naruto says, staring intently at the map.

"True, but from the reports, no one has been harmed at local markets that we know of. What's this map for?" I ask.

"We are marking the places the Uchiha has been spotted," Sai answers.

I nod approvingly, "That's perfect. It's a good way to see if there's a pattern on where he goes. Uchiha probably has a routine if he gets spotted."

Kakashi points to a box that says 'hotel' in black ink, and a red x right next to it, indicating he's been there, "Indeed, but since we've started investigating, he's only gone to one place, so no pattern has shown up yet. We're marking a red x for where he's been spotted, and a blue star for where he's stolen from."

Naruto looks up at me, "I still can't seem to wrap my head around the reason why he's killed 19 people, and why they're only males. It just doesn't add up to me."

An idea hits my mind, "There's been 4 killings in the past 2 months, right?"

Everyone nods.

"He doesn't kill as often as we might think. There could be a reason for it. Naruto had a theory he told me yesterday. He said Uchiha could have been part of a gang, but wanted revenge on them and is killing them off one by one. It sounds far-fetched, but it's possible. Keep that theory in mind. I think we should run background checks on his past 4 victims, and see if they have any criminal record," I explain, my tone of voice had a hint of authority.

Kakashi nods, "Great idea. I'll go do it now."

~*~*~*~*~*~

I toss the manila folder on Chief Tsunade's desk, and it goes down with a slight smacking sound. She looks up at me, before she opens the folder.

"This is a background check on his past four victims," I say, as Kakashi, Naruto, and Sai nod, "Apparently, they each have a criminal record. All of them consist of assult. Three out of the four are sexual assults, and one is an assult on an elderly man. Apparently, they got away with it, but it's still on their criminal record, even though they were not fined or arrested for it."

Her eyes turned to slits at reading the records, "Is this a sign of justice, Haruno?"

I nod, "As far as we know, yes. It could be a coincidence, but until more evidence is collected, we'll say he's killing criminals."

She sighs and leans back in her chair, "I just wish we had the identities of his other homicide victims. This is very helpful. Well done you four. Dismissed."

~*~*~*~*~*~

I closed my door, and sighed of relief. It's only a quarter until midnight, so it's not too late. A sudden excitement fills my spirits, when I remember my left over pizza. I drop my shoulder bad and jacket on the floor, take off my shoes, and scurry towards the fridge. Once I open the fridge and look on the bottom shelf, I feel like my heart has sunk.

There was nothing on the bottom shelf of the fridge. The pizza box was gone. My heart began to race, as I was frozen and didn't know what to do. I know for a fact I didn't take the box out of the fridge. I simply lifted up the lid this morning, and grabbed a peice.

I then felt a gust of chilly wind brush my bangs on my forehead, and I immedietly whipped my head to the side. The white curtains were swaying to the side, for the window was open. Since I'm a detective, I'm aloud to carry my gun outside of work where ever I go, so I reached for my gun that in my shoulder bag, and held it up.

There are only three rooms in this apartment, so who ever may be in here, will be easy to find. I searched the room I was currently in, and no one was there. I then began to walk slowly towards my room, sweat threatening to trickle down my forehead.

It was pitch black, so until I turn on the lights, nothing was visible. I took a few steps inside the darkness, and my messy looking hair slightly moved to the side, and I widened my eyes. Before I could turn around, a jolt of pain struck my head, and I collapsed on my side. I tried to open my eyes, but they came out as slits. My vision became blurry, but I still tried to look for my gun, but all that came into view was a pair of shoes, and I fell into unconsiousness.

~*~*~*~*~*~

It took me a while to realize I was beginning to wake up. My eyes began to open, and I blinked several times to get my vision fully back. All I saw was my white ceiling. I know where I am. I'm in my room, laying on my bed.

I sat up, and swung my legs over the side of the bed, but my head began to throb. I winced, and placed my hand on the side of my forehead, thinking the pain would stop. It didn't.

I was shocked when I noticed something on my bed-side table. On the wooden surface, my lamp was on, and underneath the yellow light, was a white plate, with a single slice of pizza. Next to the plate, was a torn piece of notepad paper with writing on it. I picked it up immedietly, and kept re-reading the words over and over again.

The note read:

I'm winning.

The writing didn't stop there.

Tell anyone about this, and consider your friend dead, Haruno.

- Sasuke Uchiha

~*~*~*~*~*~

I REALLY hope you all are enjoying this story!

Ta Ta ;D

~Kit_Katzzz