Chapter 12

Sakura's fingers brushed the top of her hair, silky, pink strands falling gently down to the top of her shoulders. A sigh escaped her lips, as she began walking out of the large building she calls work. There was a feeling inside of her she didn't quite understand. It was relief. Relief in the fact a criminal she has been trying to catch for nearly a month now, was not found. The pinkette hated that feeling.

She got out of work earlier today. After investigating South Avenue, they let her go home. Dusk was approaching, leaving a tinge of pink and red in the sky. A light breeze brushed her bubble gum, pink hair to the side, as she entered the parking lot.

"Haruno." A somewhat familiar voice called out.

She turned around, and saw who she knew as 'Inuzuka.'

"Oh, hi Inuzuka." She smiled.

He chuckled, "Kiba."

"Ah, Kiba."

He smiled, "So, I wanted to ask you-"

A familiar tune cut Kiba off, and Sakura reached into her purse, and picked up her phone. She looked down at it, and held up her finger, a gesture that meant 'one second' and answered.

"Hey, Ino. What is it?" Sakura started, "Groceries? Dinner? Now? Why immedietly? You could've ordered a pizza. You're so needy." Then she hung up the phone.

She giggled, "Sorry, I've gotta go. My blonde friend is hungry."

His smile curved down a bit, "Yeah, okay. See ya soon, I guess."

She waved a goodbye, and unlocked her car.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"He actually said that?" Ino asked, bewildered.

The sound of chopping vegetables filled the air around the two, when Sakura replied, "Yeah, I know. But I kinda understand where Shikamaru's coming from. I've met Temari. She's viscous when she wants to be. And I can already imagine what would happen if her husband's ex-girlfriend stayed with them for a few days. It wouldn't be pretty."

Ino sighed, "What am I gonna do?"

The pinkette started dicing a tomato, "You can stay with me for as long as you need. Just let me know when you're going back to Italy."

"About that. . ." The blonde trailed off.

Sakura stopped dicing, and turned to her friend, "Ino. . ." She said in an accusing tone.

Ino gulped, "Alright, alright. The truth is, I dropped out of design classes."

Sakura slammed the knife on the cutting board, "Ino!"

The blonde held up her hands, "No! No! It's not like that. I didn't want to drop out, but. . ."

"But what?" Sakura glared.

"Well, I wasn't happy there. I just wasn't, okay? And I realized this when I finally got my big break when my teacher wanted me to participate in a fashion show with my designs. When I was backstage, I was insulted the whole time. That's not what I wanted or expected, Sakura."

The pinkette nodded, "I see. Alright, you can stay here-"

Ino squealed.

"But, on one condition."

She stopped squealing.

"Promise me, you'll look for an apartment ASAP." Sakura demanded.

The blonde nodded, "Of course."

Sakura went back to dicing the last of the tomatoes.

"I'm not the only one who's keeping secrets, though." Ino's tone was sharp.

Sakura froze, knife still in hand, and she stared at the tiny, cubed tomatoes in front of her. She regained her composure and put the diced tomatoes in a container, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"I'm not stupid, Sakura. I watch television just like any other normal human being."

She bit her lip, a sign of nervousness on her part. Sakura was so foolish to think Ino wouldn't find out automatically.

"I'm surprised you aren't in a hurry to get me out of here," Ino started, "Due to the fact you have a criminal seeing you."

Sakura put a hand on her forehead, wanting to cry, "I'm so sorry." She muttered.

Ino put a hand on her back, "I just want an explanation, that's all."

Sakura told Ino everything. Starting from the Bed and Breakfast, to what happened today.

"Sakura, this is bad. You know that, right?"

"I know, I know," The pinkettewas almost in tears, "What do I do? He's blackmailing me."

Ino sighed, "Sadly, I can't help you with that. I'm not the successful detective here, you are. I mean, I'm not gonna say anything. Just please be smart about this. He's dangerous."

Sakura shook her head, "But he's not. . ."

The blonde gave her a questioning look.

Sakura continued, "He kills rapists and guys who assult vulnerable people. I feel so wrong about wanted to lock him up in prison, but at the same time, I'm a criminal myself for letting him see me."

Ino shook her head, and sighed, "Listen Sakura. Like I said, I won't tell anyone. But, I also don't feel comfortable staying here. We're friends nonetheless, but I think I'm gonna stay in a hotel or something. I don't want to be involved in this."

The pinkette nodded in understanding.

~*~*~*~*~*~

She watched as her friend walked out the door, and immedietly burst into tears. It all happened so fast. The subjects of her and Ino's conversations changed too quickly. First Ino was happy about staying here, and now she decided to leave. And now Ino knows.

Ino knows about Sasuke.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Her eyes were wide open, staring out the window. All she thought about was Sasuke. But these thoughts were different from the usual hatred towards him that usually invades her mind. This time, she tried to reason with herself that maybe he's doing something right. But that thought never stuck to her mind for long.

She got up from her bed, and trudged lazily out of her room to get water. When she neared the kitchen, she flipped on the light switch, and immedietly woke up completely.

"I said," The deep, husky voice snapped, "We need to talk."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Wow, it's been almost a month. . . Yep. School has just been really stressful lately, and it's even worse when I have no friends at school to help me through my stress. Literally, zero friends.

Summer needs to take me away from school, now.

I'm not happy with this chapter at all. It is too short, and escalated too quickly. Either that, or I'm just trying to make up every excuse to make myself feel bad. . . Sorry, I'm having a REALLY bad day and I apologize for my negativity.

Please critic this chapter and give me feedback on what you think of this chapter. I would appreciate your honest opinion.

Ta Ta ;D

~Kit_Katzzz