Chapter 20

A/N

Guys, your comments on the last chapter were ridiculous XD Clean your brains! XD

Anyway, this chapter is dedicated to Milliana_Uchiha for taking the time to PM me with a long paragraph of advice/things I can improve on my writing skills. It's greatly appreciated.

Now, on with the chapter!

~*~*~*~*~*~

That annoying sound she has to hear every morning rang in her ears and she opened her eyes. Sakura felt her head lightly going up and down and she heard heavy breathing. Craning her head up, she saw his close-eyed face. The Uchiha's raven locks were still perfectly placed, despite being asleep, and his face held a relaxed and peaceful expression. The sunlight shining through the white shears left an illuminating glow on his structured, handsome façade. Even asleep, he was sinfully stunning. Sakura then realized his arm was wrapped securely around her waist. The feeling of Sasuke holding on to her, made Sakura feel protected, yet she couldn't wrap her head around why she feels so comfortable around this dangerous criminal.

Wanting that annoying sound to stop, she hesitantly removed his arm, and clicked the button that stopped the alarm clock. Sighing, the pink-headed detective sat on the side of the bed, and rubbed her eyes. She did not want to go to work today. Sure, Sakura can easily call off, but it seemed completely wrong to do that.

Lazily, the pinkette got up from the bed and walked to her closet to pick out her attire for the day. Once she did so, Sakura went to bathroom, and changed. Her eyes glanced at the mirror, and she began looking at herself.

What does he see in me?

Her hand reached for her head, and she cringed at the thought of Sasuke possibly using her. It could be a possibility, but he also confessed to her. The Uchiha talked to the pinkette about the dark depths of his past. . . The deep trenches of pain and sorrowful agony of losing people you love is never easy to discuss. Hell, it was basically torture. The light in one's eyes slowly fades away, swirling into a deep ocean of darkness when one watches their loved one's lives unexpectedly diminish. Sakura could see that in his hypnotizing onyx orbs. When she looked into his eyes, she could see the hatred and the thirst for revenge. Although she doesn't see the need to question Sasuke's motives, due to the many details he's told her, the pinkette just wonders. . . Why her?

The detective would have expected a gorgeous guy like Sasuke to be in a relationship with a girl like Ino. And then it hit her. . .

Where is Ino?

Ino knows about Sasuke. And what's worse, is that Sakura hasn't heard any news about Ino. Then again, the pinkette has always trusted her close friend, and that's all that should matter. Sighing, Sakura left the bathroom. Quietly, she grabbed her jacket, but glanced at Sasuke to make sure she didn't wake him. After all, the peacefulness on his face is something the emerald-eyed woman wishes she could see more often. All Sakura ever sees in his expression is coldness. Once she was halfway out the door, she stopped at the familiar voice.

"Sakura?" His voice was hoarse.

The emerald-eyed woman turned around and watched as he rubbed his eyes, and sat on the edge of the bed. Even after just waking up, his appearance is enviously perfect. It's crazy to think the Uchiha could be more beautiful than a woman.