Chapter 18

The eyelids of the emerald-eyed woman opened. The sun shone through the white sheers that were in her room, making the space have a vibrant yellow color. She turned towards her clock, and her alarm was going to go off in three minutes. Sighing, she sat up in her bed. Looking down, Sakura realized she still had her dress on from the night before. Thick strands of her bubblegum, pink hair were hanging out of the hair tie she used for the side bun she wore last night.

How did I get here?

The pinkette then remembered seeing Sasuke, and the thought of him made her want to cry. Not because she knows she likes him, but she's going to do something that should not be dreaded, but that's how she feels about this.

Sakura was going to turn in Sasuke Uchiha.

~*~*~*~*~*~

As she walked into the tall building she called her work, Sakura thought about the whole situation.

What would she say?

How would she bring up the topic?

Will Sasuke know?

Luckily, he wasn't in her apartment when she left, so the pinkette didn't need to worry about accidentally slipping up. Sakura feels like a horrible person. True, she should consider herself that for liking a criminal, but she told him how she understands him, and that she'd be willing to hide him. Now she's betraying him.

Sakura's a tease, and she knows it.

Right when she walking into her work, a voice stopped her.

"Sakura, wait."

Stopping in front of the elevator, her emerald eyes closed, "What Kiba?"

He sighed, "I-I'm really sorry for what happened last night. I was drunk and intoxicated and-"

She cut him off by saying, "I know."

"I also have something to tell yo-"

A new voice interrupted the two, "Save it for the meeting, Inuzuka."

The pinkette turned to the chief, and asked, "Meeting?"

The blonde-haired woman nodded, "It's about Uchiha."

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Thank you all for coming to this last minute meeting. I know some of you had your own duties to perform today, but you should know I would never call you to this meeting, unless it was very important." Tsunade said.

The four detectives and the rest of the back-up squad sat around the large table, while others stood near them, wanting to listen to the sudden news.