Chapter 6

Sasuke Uchiha's POV

I run through short cuts and alleys as fast as I can. They found me. They found my location. Damn them. . . I keep running, trying to get to my Plan B, which is located just outside of the worst neighborhood in the city.

The back of my black hoody flows behind me, as I sprint to a speed that no normal person could go. I've been running my whole life, so it's not that strange. My feet take me the back way, which is mostly unknown to most people, because those bastards on South Avenue blocked it off, but I can jump over it easily. And so I do.

The dirty, old apartment building is in my view, and I immedietly start toward the fire escape. It seems every building in the city has a fire escape, so it's easy for me to hide. I finally run up three steps at a time, and jump through the small window. Once I'm inside, I put the board up, that I created a long time ago.

Panting, I look around, and it looks like no one got in. Good. I wouldn't have had to rush here, if it weren't for those damn detectives finding me, especially that girl. I've heard about her. She's always in newspapers, because she solves the most difficult cases. I tend to eavesdrop when others are talking, so that keeps me updated on the people who are trying to arrest me.

I should have a grudge against that girl, but I'm at fault. She probably wouldn't have found me, but I couldn't resist the urge to intimidate and scare her. She seems too. . . easy. The fact that she was distracted so easily, makes me think I can get away with this. When I first discovered an extremely smart and successful detective was going to be the head of investigating me, I was quite worried. I've gotten away with a lot so far, but only because amateur detectives were investigating my cases, but now she is trying to take me down. So far, she hasn't impressed me. I'm not scared of her.

I sit down on the small couch on the far side of the room, and sit down in it, trying to cool down for a second. I put my head in my hands, and begin thinking about this whole mess. If they say she's that amazing, then this should be easy for her. I'm not going to underestimate her. She knows how to slide past a tough situation just by using words. I made that conclusion after my confrontation with her at the bed and breakfast.

I stop thinking for a second, and bring my head up a few inches from my head, and stare in front of me, and smirk. I can't decide quite yet that I'm going to get away with this without getting caught, so I'm going to keep a close eye on this case.

The only way to do that is by watching her.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Night began to fall, and I walked through the narrow alleys between buildings. I tend to not go into public, unless I'm retrieving items I need. Other than that, I like to keep my distance from any civilians. Once I'm near the Konoha Police Department, I find a fire escape on the building across from the Police Department building, and go up the steps. Once I'm on the roof, I crouch down, and lay my on my thighs, as I watch the doors. I don't know her schedule, so I'll have to wait it out. I don't even know if she's left or not.

Only time will tell.

The time has come sooner than I thought. I watch as she walks out of the building, a frustrated expression painted on her face. Next, she gets into her car, and before she drives away, I study the car and squint my eyes to read the license plate. I watch the car go a few yards, but stops at a red light. I use this to my advantage.

I turn to my side, and look at the building's rooftop next to me. My eyes begin to fill with determination, and I begin to sprint towards the edge of the building. When the time became right, I leaped from the building I was currently on, and my feet connect with the aluminum top of the other building, and I sigh, feeling relieved. I've been doing this type of thing for a while, but it's always unpredictable what may happen every single time I jump from roof to roof. Not to mention, it can take it's toll on me. Scars have formed across my body, from painful scrapes and cuts.