Chapter 17

The door opened slightly, and the emerald-eyed girl peeked out, scanning the room for a certain Uchiha. When she felt the coast was clear, she fully opened her bedroom door. Trying to keep her heels from being too loud, she approached the door, and put her hand on the door handle.

"Leaving?" A deep voice asked.

She closed her eyes in defeat, and turned towards him, "Actually, I am."

His arms were folded across his chest, and his black hoody was off, so his black t-shirt was revealed. Just by crossing his arms, Sakura could tell how much muscle he has.

When she looked at his face, she saw him slightly scan her figure, which caused her to form a tint of red on her cheeks. Sakura was wearing a three-finger strapped velvet dress, a black belt bel around her waist, and a layer of lace on the bottom half of the dress. She also had on black two-inch heels that had a strap attached to it that wrapped around her ankle. Her short hair was placed in a low side bun, with her bangs falling freely on her forehead.

After a few moments of silence, Sasuke replied, "Be safe."

Sakura nodded, and gave him a small smile. It made her feel somewhat special that he actually cared for her well-being.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"I swear, this guy ran so fast, it would take the Flash to get him. But in the end, I was the one who tackled him, and put on the handcuffs." The Inuzuka man stated proudly, after taking a long drink of sake.

The pinkette chuckled, "Impressive."

The two were currently in a local bar, where the required attire is somewhat formal. They were seated at the bar, where a couple of other people were seated near them.

"Waiter," Kiba started, "I'll take another sake, and one for this pretty one as well." He pointed towards Sakura, and winked at her.

"Oh no, I don't drink very often." She said quickly.

The waiter gave a confused look, and Kiba said, "Give her one nonetheless." The waiter nodded, and did what he was told.

"I probably won't drink it." She chuckled sheepishly.

The professional police officer snickered, "C'mon Sakura! One drink won't hurt you."

She sighed, "I guess you're right. Only one."

"See!" He punched her arm playfully, "Have some fun for once!"

The pinkette giggled awkwardly, and the waiter placed the drink in front of her. She picked it up, and put the rim of the glass between her lips, and took a small drink. Memories of the night she overdid it came flooding back to her, but she pushed the thought aside.