Chapter 1

It’s easy to think problem solving and thinking about solving a case in a criminal’s perspective is simple and easy. Well, it’s not. The questions always swarm my mind.

 Where would I be if I murdered this person?

 Where is the best place to keep stolen treasures?

 Where should I go if the cops find me?

 Thinking like a criminal is harder than it may sound. They just keep running and destroying while doing so. Whether its homicides, robberies, vandalism, abuse, it always involves hiding. A criminal will always hide. You can’t expect them to stand in the middle of the street, when a detective has a good reference of what they look like. It’s not as simple as that. If only it could be.

 That’s my job. A detective. Searching for clues to find a criminal, as well as carrying a gun along the way. I’ve been faced with the worst possible cases. Psychopaths, serial killers, robbers, addicts, you name it. Every single case I’ve been faced with, has been a death match between the criminal and I. They know who I am. They know I’m going to catch them. It’s not just my strategic skills that get me through the dark woods called my job that allow me to do this. It’s my willingness and bravery as well.

I don’t sit in an office and look at pictures all day like everyone thinks so. No, I go out there. I look with the rest of the forces. I face death every single case. Criminals are dangerous. People are dangerous, and my job is to put them to justice. Brains and physical aspects are what keep me alive and passionate about doing this.

~*~*~*~*~*~

My feet carry me to a large building. I come here six days a week. Sometimes even seven if my luck runs out. Yes, the police department. Floors and floors of different sections where different cases are to be solved. The thing about being a detective, is you never know what kind of case is next. My next case could kill me, I’ll never know.

I pull open the door, and walk in. My pink pony tail sways along my back, while I wear a long sleeved, red shirt, and slacks. The usual attire. Comfortable, but professional. Once I reach the ninth floor that my office and co-workers are located at, I take a seat at my small desk. I don’t have my own office. There are a few detectives who work in my department, so there are a few desks in the large room. Mine happens to be closest to the window, which is what I love about it.

“Hey beautiful.” I hear, as I hang my jacket on the back of my chair.

It’s apparent who is talking to me.

“Naruto, you’re dating that Hinata girl, right? You should be over these pick-up lines by now.” I answer, as I read through a piece of paper.

“True, but you know I can’t resist.” He chuckles.

The sound of a door opening, alerts me, but we all know who it is.

"Guys," Chief Tsunade starts, "We've got another one."

~*~*~*~*~*~

I squint my eyes at the neck wound, and examine it from the cold and limp body in front of me.

“We got the tape up.” Naruto informs me.

“Good.” I answer, not looking at him, but staring at the wound, “Any identification?”

“Yuki Mahashi, thirty-three years old.”

I’m still examining the neck wound, “I’ve noticed something,” I start, “Our last three cases were all homicides, and each victim have this same wound.” I point to it.

“I’ve noticed that too. Those were the only cases we couldn’t solve.”

“Katana.”

“What?” Naruto asks.

“This wound,” I point again, “is from a Katana.”

“How are you so sure?”

“Memory, but I can assure you this is from a Katana.”

Naruto taps his foot on the ground, “Who would use a Katana to kill their victim?”

I get up from the scene and look at Naruto, “It’s quiet and sharp.”

“Makes sense. . .” Naruto replied, deep in thought.

"Haruno, Uzumaki!" Shikamaru yelled. We tend to call each other by our last names.

We both turned our heads, and saw Shikamaru walking lazily with his hands in his pockets, towards us. Once he was near us, he stopped in front of us.

"This is troublesome." He said, scratching the back of his head.

"I don't care," I reply in all seriousness, "What's the issue?"

"Ah, the Chief wants to speak to you at the office."

Naruto and I exchanges determined looks. Usually when we get called to Chief's office, it means a serious case.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Come in." Chief demanded.

Naruto and I walked into the small room with only a desk and a medium-sized window behind. Everything was brown around the room, and only a small lamp on her desk and the window made the room dim. Overall, it was not comfortable.

"You called." Naruto said.

"Yes. I am aware your last three homicide cases were unsolved."

"Yes, ma'am." I continued, "We weren't even able to figure out the person behind it all."

"Good news. I found him." She smirked.

I slightly gasped, and kept my mouth agape. Her fingers were placed on top of a manilla folder, and she slid it towards us. I grabbed it immedietly, and looked at the picture. My eyes examined the person in the picture. He looked about mid-twenties, which is my age. Dark hair, built, eyes full of hate.

"Sasuke Uchiha," Chief began, "He's responsible for those three homicide cases."

I squint my eyes.

Chief Tsunade continued, "Not just that, but fifthteen more murders, and countless robberies. We don't have the exact number, but we are aware of how much he steals."

"That's crazy." Naruto exclaimed, "And he was never caught?!"

"Not. Once." She answers, "We've been looking for him, and are collecting more evidence every day. I only trust the best to do this. This case is by far the most dangerous one I've seen in a few years," She leans forward on her desk, "You in?"

I smirked, "Always."

"Dattebayo!" Naruto exclaimed once again.

She leaned back in her chair, "Good, just know how dangerous this man is. If he can get away with murdering these people, he can get away with murdering you. Be careful on this case. Report any evidence to me."

Naruto and I both nodded.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey everyone!

This is my new SasuSaku story! It's very different from most, but I've already planned out this WHOLE story. I even have the ending planned out.

Until next chapter. . .

Ta Ta ;D

~Kit_Katzzz