Chapter Forty-Two / Epilogue

FIRST THINGZ FIRST If you wanna follow me, that would be rad :)
Twitter: @ jerkstagramx
Tumblr user: jerkstagram

I'm so sorry I took such a long hiatus from this story. Without getting into too much detail, my family and I were faced with something tragic this fall, so I just hadn't been feeling up to writing. So many of you have sent me such kind messages though and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. It's incredible how much it means to hear something positive from a complete stranger, especially when things weren't going so well in my life. Actually, a lot of you don't even feel like strangers to me anymore because of how kind you've been, so thank you! We're all friends now.. It's official. No backing out.

Soooo, back to Across The Street. I went back and forth with this idea for a bit, but I've come to a conclusion. What you're about to read next is the epilogue for Part One of Across The Street. Even though Chapter Forty-One felt like a good place to stop, it still felt too abrupt. I wanted to tie up all the loose ends of this story in just one chapter, but it proved to be impossible. I'm not sure when I'll publish Part 2 of Across The Street (which will basically be the second half of Chelsea's summer) but I definitely did not want to rush any of the sub plots. This way, you can get a sense of closure with this story, but still have something to look forward to if you're itching for more Luke & Chelsea!

Ok also p.s. I've tried to come up with a ship name for these two fuckers and I can't think of anything cute so if you've got something pleaseee tell me. Otherwise it's Chuke. Which sounds like Puke. Mmmm.

Please enjoy the epilogue for Part One of Across The Street! I love you all.

~~~~~~~~

Epilogue

"Toothbrush?"

"Got it."

"Beanie?"

"Got it."

"Phone charger?"

"Got..." Luke double checked one of his suitcases. "Got it!"

"Okay, I think we've gone through just about everything." I folded up the two paged check list I made for Luke, which took us almost twenty minutes to get through.

I tucked the list into his carry on bag then looked up to see him watching me carefully.

"Come with me," Luke pouted as he grabbed my hips and pulled me closer to him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him softly on the lips.

"We went through this already. It's only two weeks. It'll fly by. I promise."

I lowered my hands down and rubbed his back gently in an attempt to soothe him. He had asked me at least ten times to come with him and the guys for their impromptu trip back home to Australia. They were going to play a few shows, do some interviews, and most importantly, see their families. An old friend of theirs from back home was getting married, so they decided to book a few gigs to play while they were back in Australia.

"Chelsea, If you don't come with me, I'll just have to send you a dick pic every day. Not that you wouldn't love that, but..."

I buried my head in Luke's chest and laughed. I was certainly going to miss his foul mouth during the next couple of weeks.

"Nope, no dick pics, please. But I would love to hear your voice every once in a while, so please call anytime. I mean it. I don't care about the time difference." I looked up to see his blue eyes locked on mine.

"Of course I will, pretty girl. Of course I will. Damn." I felt Luke sigh. "I like you a lot, kid, ya know that?"

"I know," I smiled.

"My brothers are gonna kick my ass once I tell them I'm in love," he chuckled.

"My brothers are gonna kick your ass once I tell them I'm in love," I ran my fingers up and down Luke's arms.

"My poor ass."

I pinched his bum and gave him a little wink before I grabbed his carry on bag to bring to the car.

Luke grabbed his two suitcases, one entirely filled with dirty laundry for his poor mother to clean, and we left his room.

Katie was by the front door with Ashton, sucking face like the animals they are.

"Gross," Luke mumbled at the two of them as he shuffled into the kitchen to double check that all of the appliances were off.

"Don't worry, we'll take good care of your bachelor pad while you're gone." I smirked at Luke as I leaned against the doorway.

"I am certainly not a bachelor. You've managed to tame the beast."

I choked back a laugh. "Yes, you were quite the beast when I first met you."

"Shut up," he smirked back at me as he walked closer. He kissed the top of my head before taking my hands in his. "I gotta ask one more time. Please come with me."

"You know I can't," I said as I looked down at my feet. I wanted to come with him more than anything. "I have classes."

Luke nodded. "I know, I know. You just smell so good all the time and my stupid band smells so bad and I'm just gonna miss you," he wrapped me up in a big hug.

"I love you, Luke." I whispered into his ear before he let go of me.

"And you're right, the rest of the guys smell like ass," I chuckled.

"I'm constantly reminding them that showering isn't optional," Luke rolled his eyes as he played with pieces of my hair.

"Luke, let's go!" Calum called from the other room.

"I'm gonna miss you," I said as I kissed his chest.

Luke took my chin in his hand and tilted my head up so he could kiss me. His lips lingered on mine, neither one of us wanting to be apart for two weeks.

That was the crazy thing about Luke. In such a short amount of time, he managed to find his way into my heart. In fact, he did more than find his way into my heart. He fixed pieces of me that I never thought could be fixed. He has helped clear my perspective on love and life. Are there shitty guys in this world? Absolutely. I've seen it first hand. But for every shitty guy out there, there's a Luke. There's a Luke out there for everyone. He is someone who reminds you that your past doesn't always dictate your future, especially when your past dictated you for so long. He is someone who reminds you what it feels like to be cherished and respected. He is someone who will climb up a trellis for you in the middle of the night, just so he can hear your voice. So don't settle. Wait for your very own Luke. Don't settle for someone who makes you feel like less than you are. Be with someone who you want to sit next to on your balcony in the middle of the night. Be with someone who you love.

"I love you, pretty girl." Luke gave me one more kiss before the two of us walked out to their car.

"Have a safe flight. I love you," I said.

Michael popped his head out of the car window. "And I love YOU!"

Shaking my head, I smiled and gave Michael a little wave.

Luke ignored Michael and gave me a huge hug and kiss. "I love you. Two weeks." He nodded at me as if to say that everything would be fine. I gave a small nod back in agreement.

He got in the car and they drove away to the airport as Katie and I walked back across the street to our condo.

She slung her arm around my shoulder and took a deep breath.

"They'll be back before we know it. But for now, I need a fucking drink."

~~~~~~~

End of Part One! Let me know what kinds of things you'd like to see in Part Two :)

Feel free to go back and vote/comment on errrrythang. Love you.