Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

Luke and I had finished eating breakfast, and were waiting for Michael to come over. Peyton decided to stay home for a few more hours to finish the screenwriting work she was originally planning on doing. This gave us a little more time to talk some sense into Michael.

There was a knock at the door, and I stood up to get it.

I opened the door, and was greeted by a loud "Ahhh!" from Michael. "What the fuck, Michael?" I yelled, reciproacting how startled he was.

He stepped back and put his hand on his chest. "Sorry! Sorry Chelsea, my bad. The black eye scared me! I forgot! I forgot you had it." He squeezed past me and sat at the kitchen table next to Luke.

I rolled my eyes and shut the front door.

"Smooth, man. That was really nice," Luke said sarcastically to Michael, already pissed off at him.

He pulled me onto his lap to make sure I was okay. I buried my head into the crook of Luke's neck.

"Ugh, get a room," Michael groaned as he picked at the food that was still on the table. I could feel Luke's whole body tense.

"Dude, you need to get your fucking shit together. Last time I checked, you were completely obsessed with Peyton. Now you're fucking some random girl?" I could tell by Luke's voice that he was getting angry.

I moved off his lap and sat down on the chair next to Luke.

We were across from Michael, so he couldn't see my hand as I rested it on Luke's leg. I gently rubbed my thumb on his knee in an attempt to calm him down.

"Why the fuck are you so worked up over this? It doesn't even concern you," Michael said with a chuckle.

Luke looked from Michael to me, then back to Michael. He shrugged his shoulders. "I just, I feel bad for Peyton."

Michael looked unconvinced, and I was pretty unconvinced too. It was sweet that Luke was trying to help Peyton, but he seemed oddly passionate about this.

"You feel bad for Peyton? Dude, get a grip. You know me well enough to know my routine with girls. I don't know why you care so much, all of a sudden," Michael rolled his eyes.

Luke's body tensed again.

"Yeah, I do care. Not because I care about you, and I don't even care that much about Peyton. But I care about Chelsea." Luke gestured towards me. I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

Michael chuckled again. "What does that have to do with this?"

Luke looked extremely aggravated. "Because you and I are best friends, Mike. And what does that say about me if my best friend acts like a total douche? I don't want Chelsea to think that's the kind of person I am, just because that's the kind of person I hang out with! Don't you get that? Just stop fucking random girls when you're in love with Peyton! That's not what we do! That's not what we're about!"

Luke was yelling at this point, and Michael and I just stared at him with our mouths open.

Michael broke the silence when he started laughing hysterically. "Oh my God!" He continued cracking up obnoxiously, but I ignored him.

I got up from my seat and sat down on Luke's lap, straddling him once again. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and immediately placed my lips on his.

My tongue slipped into Luke's mouth, and I tilted my head to deepen the kiss. The two of us were going at it, as if Michael wasn't sitting right in front of us. Luke's hands slid up my shirt and touched me all over as we continued to kiss feverishly.

"Jesus, could you guys take it down a notch? I'm getting a major hard-on." Michael's comment was enough to pull us apart from each other.

"Ya see? You could have this. You could have what we have. Just stay loyal to one fucking girl at a time," Luke said as he shook his head.

He continued to rub his hands up and down my back, and I leaned into him and rested my head on his shoulder.

Michael made a gagging noise. "I don't even know if I want that. It's like something out of a fucking movie. I could puke."

Luke rolled his eyes. "You told her you love her, right? And you do love her, right? Then guess what. You do want this. Go to her house and make things right, you stupid asshole."

Luke was smiling as he said this, so I knew he wasn't mad at Michael anymore. This was how they talked to each other, which is something I'll never understand.

I took my eyes off of Luke for a moment so I could look at Michael.

I smiled a little, then said, "Plus, you and Peyton are so cute together. You're perfect for each other."

Michael stood up and groaned. "Hopefully this boner goes away before I get to her house. If it doesn't, I'm blaming you two and your live sex show," Michael was mumbling now as he walked to the door.

He turned around and gave a little wave. "And thank you. I'm a dick sometimes, and I need to be called out on it every once in a while. Blah blah blah."

Luke chuckled as Michael left, then tilted my head so I was facing him. "Mike's not the only one with a boner."

I gasped, then playfully slapped Luke's arm. "Luke!" I giggled, then looked down at his lap. "Maybe we should do something about that?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE: thanks for reading! please don't forget to comment and vote for this chapter.. thank you :)