Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I stood in the middle of my room, staring at my phone in my hand. Why would he be calling me? Was he drunk? No, he never gets drunk this early in the night.

He called four times.. maybe it was something important. What if something bad happened?

We haven't been in contact since the last time I saw him. The memory still burned in the back of my mind.

Cam is smart enough to know that he shouldn't be calling me anymore. My father would lose his mind if he knew about this, and would probably end up beating the crap out of Cam. He would have done that already, but I didn't want that. I couldn't handle the thought of any more violence.

"THE PIZZA'S READY, CHELSEA," I heard Ashton yell.

I threw my phone on my bed. I just need to forget about it. I'm not calling him back.

I walked into the kitchen, and Katie, Ashton, and Luke were all sitting at the table, waiting for me. I sat down and smiled. "Okay let's eat!" I said while smiling. Keep smiling. I knew if I showed any sign of distress on my face, Katie would know that something was up.

"So, are we going to talk about Michael and Peyton, or...?" Luke asked. He and Ashton started chuckling. I looked at Katie, and she looked just as confused as I did.

"I don't get it," Katie raised her eyebrow at Ashton in question.

"They have like, crazy fucking wild sex! I barely slept at all last night! They were being so loud," Ashton said as he took a bite of pizza. "So fucking kinky," Luke added.

My jaw dropped. "What?! When?? What the hell!" I was flabbergasted. Damn, Peyton.

Katie was cracking up. "Peyton!! Why the fuck wouldn't she tell us?" Katie said while looking at me.

"I can't believe they do that while you're all in the house together! Come on, Peyton," I said while laughing and shaking my head.

"Oh, it's so bad. Calum walked in on them once. He said they didn't even notice. They fuck like, a couple times a day. They're like bunnies," Ashton said with a mouth full of pizza.

Katie and I were laughing hysterically, half amused, half horrified.

"Chelsea, the girls are coming over tomorrow. I'm not gonna be able to look at her the same way," Katie said, still giggling. "Intervention time," I joked. We were all cracking up as we devoured the pizza.

We stayed sitting at the table after we finished dinner and just talked for a while. We were all flirting and laughing and having a great time.

Then my phone started buzzing. It was a faint humming noise, as it was on vibrate and still in my room. But I knew right away that it was my phone, and it was Cam.

"What the hell is that?" Ashton asked while his eyes skimmed the kitchen and living room.

Please stop ringing. Please stop ringing. Please stop.

It stopped. I let out a little sigh of relief. "Huh, that was weird," I said, and took a sip of my drink.

Then it started again. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. "OH Chelsea it's your phone! Duh! Ha, we're so stupid," Katie laughed as she started to get up to go grab my cell.

"NO," I said, a little too harshly. She looked at me with a very confused face. "No, I mean, I'll get it," I said as I shot up out of my seat and let out a nervous laugh. "Jeesh," I heard Luke say as I left and went into my room.

Three more missed calls from Cam. Ugh. I walked back over to my door and shut it so I was alone in my room with a little privacy. I had to get this over with.

I opened one of the missed calls and hit send. After just one ring, Cam picked up. "There's my girl," I heard him say. He was sober. I knew his drunk voice, and that wasn't it.

"What do you want, Cam? You have to stop calling me," I whispered harshly into the phone.

"What, I can't call my favorite girl to see how she's doing? Let's hang out," he said.

Oh, woops. I guess I forgot to tell him that I moved across the country.

"Cam, I moved.." I said nervously.

"Excuse me?" He sounded mad, and I immediately started shaking.

Wait, this was silly. We were on opposite sides of the country. I had no reason to be scared. He couldn't hurt me from that far away.

"Where the fuck are you?" He asked, still angry.

"I.. I'm not in Maine.. I don't think it's a good idea for me to-"

"To what? To what, Chelsea? You don't want to tell me where you are? Don't be a little bitch. Let's be adults here. Just tell me where you are."

I could feel my throat going dry. Thoughts of him putting his hands on me made their way into my mind, and I knew the flashbacks were going to start.

"I have to go," I said, then quickly hung up the phone. Tears escaped from my eyes. I put my hand over my mouth and let out a muffled sob.

I couldn't let Katie, Ashton, and Luke see me like this. I walked over to my mirror and grabbed a tissue. I wiped my tears and reapplied my make up.

I waited a minute and took a few deep breaths before I opened my door.

"AH," I yelled. Katie was standing right outside my door, scaring the shit out of me when I opened it.

"Jesus, Katie," I said as I moved around her. She grabbed my arm and swung me around to face her. The guys weren't paying attention, but she whispered anyway.

"Who was on the phone?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes at me.

I let out a fake laugh. "My mom! She was just calling to say she missed me," I said as I walked back to the table. I could practically feel Katie's stare on the back of my head. Phewf. That was close.

I sat back down at the table where Luke and Ashton were sitting. "Everything okay?" Luke asked with a smile.

"Yeah!" I said, doing my best to keep it together. I loved having the guys over, but I really needed them to leave so Katie and I could go to bed, and I could be alone to freak the fuck out in private.

"I should probably clear some of these dishes," I said as I grabbed our dirty plates from the table to bring over to the sink. Unfortunately, my hands were still shaking from my little panic attack in my room. The dishes clanked together and it was very obvious that something was up.

"Ha! That's weird, I don't know why my hands are so shaky," I said nervously as I basically threw the dishes into the sink. Ashton looked at me like I had ten heads. Luke was skeptical as well.

"Hey, where did Katie go?" Luke asked, trying to take the attention off me.

I whipped my head around. Fuck. She was in my room. I'm the worst liar ever, so she obviously knew that it wasn't my mom who was calling me.

"Chelsea, can you please come in here?" She yelled for me. I wiped my hands on the dish towel.

"NOW, please. Now!" She yelled. Crap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE: thanks for reading! please don't forget to comment and vote for this chapter.. thank you :)