Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

It was about 10:00 at night once Luke and I had finished our embarrassingly emotional talk.

"I'm sure that Katie's going back to your place after her date with Ashton, which leaves me here alone." I paused for a second. "I could really use a friend tonight?"

That practically made Luke giddy. "Trust me, babe. I'm not going anywhere," he said, making us both smile.

I crawled under my covers and gently put my (still throbbing) head on my pillow.

Luke leaned over me, holding himself up with one arm. He looked like he had something to say, so I tilted my head to the side, waiting for him to talk. Nothing.

He looked to the wall, then looked down at me, then looked at the other wall, then readjusted himself so he was sitting up. I stayed laying down and just looked at him.

"What's going on, Lukey?" I smiled, knowing how much he hated being called Lukey.

"Be my girlfriend."

I felt my heart stop for a second. Luke looked so nervous, like he was very anxious to ask me that. He was too cute, I had to hold myself back from throwing myself on him.

"What?" I asked, as a smile slowly crept onto my face.

"I wanna make this official. If it's cool with you.. I'd like to be your, you know, boyfriend." He seriously looked like he was going to throw up because he was so nervous.

My smile grew even wider. "You're so cute when you're nervous," I laughed as I sat up so we were at eye level.

"So is that a yes?" Luke asked, still looking quite anxious.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend, Lukey." I put my lips on his.

He pulled away for a second and smirked at me. "This is the only occasion that you get to call me Lukey."

I giggled as he leaned in to kiss my lips again. He exaggerated his kisses as he placed them all over my face, which made me laugh. Luke continued to kiss my face, and I continued to giggle uncontrollably.

"Ow, ow! Don't make me laugh!" I said while I tried to catch my breath. I rubbed the back of my head, even though that doesn't appease the pain of a concussion.

"Shit, shit, shit. I'm so sorry," Luke said while gently lying me down so my head was on the pillow.

I giggled a little at how nervous he got. "You're so cute when you worry, too." I looked up at Luke who was straddling me, careful not to put all of his weight on me.

"I don't want to be cute! I want to be sexy," he said as he flexed the muscles in his arms.

"So buff. You're so buff," I rolled my eyes.

Luke smirked at me again, then leaned down so he was hovering over me. He placed his lips on my lips, and I deepened the kiss. Our mouths were moving against each other, and I felt Luke's hand go up my shirt.

Just the touch of his fingers gave me goosebumps, and I could feel Luke smiling. Clearly he felt my goosebumps, too.

"Damn," Luke sighed, but he was still smiling.

"What?" I asked as I sat up a little. I kept one hand on the back of Luke's neck and ran my fingers through the ends of his hair.

"I really wish your head wasn't hurting. You're my girlfriend now. I wanna.. you know.." Luke said, and I did my best not to laugh. I know how uncomfortable he gets talking about this stuff.