Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

I sat on my towel between Katie and Brooke, aimlessly dragging my finger through the sand.

I lifted my head up and saw Calum, Michael, Ashton, and Luke making their way towards us.

"Yay, they're here!" Peyton exclaimed. I really hope that she and Michael get together. They're both such relaxed people. I think they'd be really great together.

I whispered what I was thinking about (Michael and Peyton) to Katie to see if she agreed. She nodded her head in a not-so-subtle way. I don't think Katie even knows how to be subtle.

Calum saw Katie nod her head after I whispered to her, and he said, "Hey! No secrets! Are you girls talking about us?" He gave a little smile.

Katie quickly changed the subject. "So what did you guys do this morning?" She asked them.

"We had a writing session for our new album," Ashton replied.

Brooke perked up, adding, "Well would you look at that! We're all a bunch of writers! It's funny how that worked out".

We all gave a little chuckle, then my eyes met with Luke's. He lifted up the corner of his mouth to give a hint of a smile, then winked at me.

"We just walked all the way here and I'm hot," Michael complained. "I'm going in the water. Boys?"

The three guys followed Michael as they all ran towards the water.

"Ok I'm just gonna ask," Sam said once the guys were out of ear shot, "Which one of us is gonna be the first to sleep with one of them?"

We all giggled. "Sam! Shhh!" I whispered.

"Oh relax, they can't hear us. And it's obviously going to be either Peyton or Chelsea," Katie said.

"No way!" I said while laughing and kicking a little bit of sand in Katie's direction.

"Well, innocent little Chelsea, I'm banging Michael no matter what," Peyton said with a hilarious grin on her face. We were all cracking up when we heard the guys making their way back to us.

"Cal and I are going back in the water. Which of you ladies are coming with us?" Ashton asked. Jill, Katie, Sam, and Brooke followed Calum and Ashton back into the water. They immediately started splashing around and laughing. Precious.

"And then there were four," Michael said in a low voice.

Nervous laughter escaped my mouth, and Peyton shot me a look, like, "what the hell was that noise you just made??"

My nervous laughter is a bad habit that I'm trying to break, but it's hard to do when I'm around Luke. I don't even know why I get so nervous.

Just as I was thinking about all this, I felt Luke's arm graze the small of my back. And just like that, my nerves were gone.

I think the idea of being with the boys, especially Luke, makes me nervous. But once I'm actually with him, I'm just happy. No nerves. Just happiness.

"Wanna go for a walk?" Luke asked me.

"Yeah," I said quietly with a smile.

I threw my shorts and shirt on over my bikini, and Luke gave Michael a little head nod to signal that we'd be back in a bit.

Luke and I started walking along the water, side by side. "I'm glad you guys called us to hang out," he said. "I was worried we scared you off," he added shyly.

I laughed. "What! What do you mean?" I asked.

Luke looked over to me as we continued walking. "Well, you know, the guys can be kinda loud. And inappropriate. And they tend to just say whatever's on their minds," Luke said, looking a little worried.

I looked at him while trying not to laugh and said, "Um, have you met my friends? They're the same way." Luke laughed. "Yeah I like that about you girls."

We'd been walking for a while, when Luke said, "Let's sit," and pulled me down next to him.

I watched him as he looked out at the ocean.

All of a sudden he turned to me and said, "I like you. I really like you. I know we kind of just met, but I know that I like you. I just wanted to tell you that. Sooo, yeah," Luke smiled and looked down, clearly embarrassed about his abrupt confession.

Suddenly, I felt brave.

"Hey," I said, as I put my finger under his chin and gently pointed it up so he was looking at me. Then I leaned in and lightly placed my lips on to his.

I pulled away from the kiss so I could tell him, "I like you too."

Luke then placed his hands on either side of my face and pulled me in for another kiss. This was much more passionate, with our tongues fighting for dominance.

He slowly took his lips off my lips and placed them on my neck, planting kisses all the way up to behind my ear.

My hands laced between his blonde hair as he hoisted me up so I was sitting on his lap, but still facing him.

He brought his lips back up to mine, and I felt his hand fumble around the hem of my shirt. I could tell he was a little reluctant. So, I put my hand over his hand and guided it under my shirt and onto my bikini top so his hand was on my breast. Our lips were still moving against each others as I felt his hand gently grope my chest.

Because I was sitting on his lap, it became very apparent that he was extremely aroused.

He looked embarrassed and apologized while trying to adjust himself, but I couldn't help but giggle. Pretty soon we were both laughing, and the situation was no longer awkward.

I gave him one more light kiss on his lips, then said, "we should probably head back."

Luke stood up and reached his hand out for me to grab onto. He pulled me up onto my feet, and we held hands as we walked back to the group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE: thanks for reading! please don't forget to comment and vote for this chapter.. thank you :)