Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"WAKE UP!" Katie was hovering over my bed, fully dressed.

Shit. We have screenwriting today.

"Oh my God, what time is it?!?" I asked as I jumped out of bed.

"Relax, we have time. I just like messing with ya," Katie said.

I could see the halter straps of her red bikini. "Why are you wearing a bathing suit to class?" I asked, as I pulled an outfit together.

"Because Sam just called! She said her and the girls want to go to the beach after class, and I was like, DUH, that's perfect. So put your suit on under your clothes! And come to the kitchen because I made breakfast." Katie sure seemed to be in a good mood today. That made two of us.

I took a super quick shower, then put on my cutest bikini for our first trip to the beach since we've been here! I was so excited.

I threw on my high waisted denim shorts and my favorite white crop top. With a little make up and a brush through my hair, I was dressed and ready for breakfast.

Katie and I sat at our tiny kitchen table and ate the delicious breakfast she prepared.

I looked up from my plate to see Katie just staring at me with a creepy smile on my face. "What the fuck. You look like a serial killer," I said, creeped out.

"So what time did you go to bed last night?" Katie asked, still smiling.

"I don't know, I think I fell asleep as soon as I went to my room, so-"

"LIAR!" Katie cut me off. "I heard you two last night! You are so busted. Why didn't you tell me you liked Luke? This is so crazy. Have you talked to him yet today? Do the other girls know? Please tell me you didn't tell them before telling me because I will lose my shit on you, Chelsea, I swear to God. And since when are you so smooth with guys? Huh? When the fuck did that happen?" Katie was talking way too fast for this early in the morning.

"Oh my God, Katie," I said while I started to giggle.

"Relax. I don't know, we were texting, he came over, and we talked for a while. I don't know. I guess he's pretty cute? And sweet." I was pushing the food around on my plate with my fork, but I was still smiling.

"You're like, practically glowing. I could totally see you guys being together. I think that would be so cute," Katie was practically giddy.

"It was only a kiss. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I mean, he probably kisses a different girl, like, everyday. He's in a band. That's what they do, right?" I asked, secretly hoping she would disagree.

"Hm. I don't know. Either way, we're hanging out with them, like, ASAP. I love this!" Katie said as she cleared our dishes and I grabbed our bags.

Enough boy talk. It was time to write.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wait, so he climbed up on to your balcony?! He's like a punk version of Romeo," Brooke said.

I laughed. "I thought the same thing," I said.

We had just got out of our class for the day and it was almost noon time. We were walking to the beach, desperate to get in the water. It was so hot out, and we needed to cool off.

We finally reached the beach, which was surprisingly empty.

"Uh, where the hell is everybody?" Peyton asked while looking around.

"This is a private beach! It's only for the people in our condo complex! So we share this beach with the people in the other ten condos on our street. And obviously we're allowed to have guests," Katie said as she ripped off her clothes. Jesus, Katie.

"Now drop your shit and let's get in the water! I'm dying over here!" Katie yelled as she began to run towards the water. The rest of us girls laughed as we dropped our stuff and stripped down to our bathing suits.

We splashed and frolicked around in the ocean for about 10 minutes. Then we got bored. So, we did a dramatic "Bay Watch" walk back to our stuff and then lied down on our towels.

"Before we get our tan on, let's pass this sun screen around," Brooke said, as she whipped out a massive tube of sun screen.

"Jesus Christ, Brooke, is that thing for the entire state of California?" Jill asked as we all put some on.

We continued to lay out in the sun, tanning, gossiping, talking about screenwriting, college, and boys.

"Speaking of boys," Sam said with a grin on her face, "where's Romeo?" she asked me.

I let out a nervous laugh. Then I suddenly remembered he asked me to hang out with him today. I pulled my phone out from my bag and checked my messages. One missed call from Luke.

"Oh, he actually called me a few minutes ago and I missed it. Ehh, I'll call back later," I said as I threw my phone back into my bag. I was about to lie back down onto my towel when I noticed that all the girls were staring at me.

"What?" I asked. "You're shitting me, right? CALL HIM," Katie said.

"Invite them all to the beach!" Peyton added.

"Ooooh someone wants to see Michael," Jill teased.

"Shut up! I can call them if you want me to, Chelsea?" She asked me.

"Yes please! I'm pathetic," I replied as she started to dial.

Peyton hung up after talking to Michael briefly and said they'd be here in ten minutes. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach fluttering around. Why am I so nervous?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE: thanks for reading! please don't forget to comment and vote for this chapter.. thank you :)