Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

My stupid alarm clock was going off, and I couldn't even lift my arm to shut it off. My stomach was in complete knots, and I was so dizzy. Great. I got my fucking period. And it's workshop day for screenwriting!

I got on the pill a couple months ago, and my doctor warned me that my next few periods could be intense. She wasn't kidding. I was so miserable.

I tried to sit up, but I felt like I was going to puke.

"Katie," I attempted to yell.

"WHAT? I'M PEEING. HOLD ON," she screamed back.

After a minute or so, she came skipping into my room. "What are you doing?! You gotta get up and get ready! Come on," she said.

"Katie, help me walk to the bathroom. I'm gonna throw up," I said, quickly throwing my hair up in a messy bun.

"Oh jeesh," Katie said as she helped me up and brought me to the toilet.

I felt myself sweating, and then I threw up. Lovely. "I am in so much pain right now, I feel like there's a knife stuck in my gut," I groaned as I clutched on to my stomach.

"Alright, that's a little morbid. How long did your doctor say this would last?" Katie asked while she dabbed my forehead with a cool towel.

"Ugh, hopefully this is the last month that it's like this. And it's really only this bad the day that I start my period," I said.

I completely forgot to mark my calendar, so this little episode blindsided me.

"Go, go, you're gonna be late," I said to Katie as I got up off the floor.

"I can't leave you like this!" She said, very distraught.

"No, seriously, it's fine. I know what to do. I'm just going to shower, take some Advil, and put the heating pad on my stomach. I know the drill. So get to class!" I said, still clutching my stomach.

Katie nodded, then gave me a quick kiss goodbye on my forehead. "Yup, that's moist. Gross. Okay, feel better kiddo," she said as she left. Gotta love Katie.

After my shower, I took some advil and grabbed the heating pad. I headed to my room, and slipped into shorts and a tank top.

I was panicking a little when I thought about missing today's workshops, and I abruptly started crying.

Stupid hormones.

I had to tell myself over and over again that there was nothing I could do. This pain was crippling. It would be disastrous if I attempted to go to class. I crawled under my covers and wiped my tears. I felt so pathetic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jolted up in my bed, suddenly. I must have fallen asleep.

Owww. My stomach was killing me.

I glanced at my phone. I had only been asleep for 45 minutes. I was kind of hoping that I had slept the day away already. Damn.

I walked to the bathroom and freshened myself up. I stood in front of the mirror and stared at myself. Yikes. I threw a little make up on, just to make myself feel better. I also attempted to cover up the hickeys that were all over my neck from yesterday, but eventually gave up.

I slowly made my way to the kitchen and grabbed a Vitamin Water out of the fridge. I brought it back to my room and crawled back in bed.

I saw my phone light up, showing that I had two text messages.

One was from Brooke: 'Katie told us about your stomach :( feel better love bug'. She's so sweet.

The other message was from Luke: 'me and ash wanna hang out with you and katie again soon :-) like maybe tonight? i know you're in class right now but just let us know when you get the chance'.

I contemplated whether or not to text him back. If I texted him back, he'd know I wasn't in class and he'd wonder why. And then I'd have to tell him. That's like, a guy's worst nightmare, hearing about a girl's period. I guess I could just say that I'm sick? That way I wouldn't be lying.

I texted Luke back: 'heeeey i'm actually not even in class. i got sick this morning so i had to stay home. can i get a rain check on hanging out tonight?'

Luke immediately responded, 'of course! another night. but what's wrong baby? can i bring you anything like soup or something?' Ugh, he's so sweet.

I didn't want to gross him out, so I texted back: 'nah it's my stomach. i'll be fine, thank you though ;)'.

I missed him. It's only been, like, 15 hours since I last saw him, but I missed him.

My phone buzzed. Luke texted: 'come over and let me take care of you'.

I smiled a little, but replied, 'i can't moveeeee. but that was sweet of you to offer. you're too cute :)'.

He texted: 'fine. let me come over and take care of you. the guys and i are totally free today. soooo i'm coming for ya babe'.

This time my smile spread much wider than before. 'no you don't have to do that' I replied.

My phone buzzed. 'i'll be there in 5.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE: thanks for reading! please don't forget to comment and vote for this chapter.. thank you :)