Chapter Twenty-Three

Class had finally ended and all of us girls were heading out of the building. We waved goodbye to Jill, Brooke, and Sam, while Katie, Peyton, and I got into our car.

Peyton was staying with us for the night because her parents were going away for a couple days, and she didn't want to be home alone at night time.

"This is gonna be so much fun! Especially since we're the only girls in our little group with boyfriends," Peyton said, causing Katie and I to immediately respond with "he's not my boyfriend!"

Our in-synch protestation made Peyton laugh, and she put her hands up in defense. "Jeesh, clearly I struck a nerve!" Peyton giggled.

Katie rolled her eyes and started laughing too. "No, don't mind us. I don't know how to communicate with guys, and Chelsea's afraid of boyfriends."

As soon as Katie said that, I shot her a look. Now Peyton would probably be wondering what Katie meant by that, and I definitely didn't want to explain the whole Cam situation to her. Luckily, Peyton just brushed it off. "Well, get your shit together girls. We need to triple date. Like, ASAP."

Peyton kept talking and talking and Katie would laugh every so often and add to the conversation, but my mind was elsewhere as I drove us all home. Was Katie right? Was I afraid to have a boyfriend again?

For a minute, I thought about what it would be like to have Luke as a boyfriend. I was probably getting way ahead of myself. But if he ever did ask me to be his girlfriend, I honestly don't know what I'd say.

When we got back to the house, the three of us made sandwiches for lunch and sat at the table to eat.

Peyton was looking at her phone. "Do either of you follow any of the guys on twitter?" She asked. Katie and I both shook our heads. "I barely even use my twitter," I said, and Katie agreed.

"Well, they have like, a lot of followers. Some girls really worship these dudes," Peyton said as she took a bite of her sandwich.

Katie laughed, then said, "Uh oh! Do they know you're banging Mikey?!" I practically choked as I took a sip of my drink. Katie's so blunt when it comes to sex.

Peyton shook her head. "No way. Michael said that they like to keep that part of their lives as private as possible." I nodded my head at what Peyton was saying.

"Yeah, I get that. I guess I never really thought about what their fans would think. I think I kinda forgot they even have fans," I said.

"Well you didn't go to that concert that we all went to! You didn't get to see the boys in their natural habitat. They're like, rockstars," Katie said with a giggle.

"So true. Actually, they have a gig tonight, but they don't know the address of the venue. They're waiting to hear back from their manager, and Michael said he'd let us know as soon as they find out. But I told him we were having a girls night so we probably wouldn't be able to come. Michael said Luke texted you about it, Chelsea!" Peyton was talking so fast, it took me a minute to catch up.

"Oh, crap, I left my phone in my room before we left for class this morning. Hold on, let me check," I said as I grabbed my phone from my room.

One new message from Luke. "Oh yeah, here it is. Should we go?" I asked the girls.

"I think it'd be fun," Katie said with a mouth full of food.

"Yay! I said no to Mikey because I didn't think you two would be up to it. Ah, I'm so excited! I'll call to tell him!" Peyton quickly dialed her phone to call Michael.

While Peyton was on the phone, I replied to Luke's message.

'yeah i'd love to go tonight :) it'll just be me, katie, and peyton though.'

I hit send just as Peyton hung up with Michael. "All set!" She exclaimed.

I looked down at my phone to see Luke already replied: 'i can't wait to see you'.

I could feel butterflies in my stomach. "What are you guys gonna wear? I kinda want to get a new dress or something," Katie said, looking deep in thought. "We should go shopping!" I said, and Peyton immediately started clapping. "YES! Because all I brought over here is pajamas," she said, and we giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was 5:00 when we got home from shopping. The show was at 8, but we wanted to leave the house at 7, so we had exactly two hours to get ready.

We all took quick showers, then we did our hair. I finished straightening my hair, then started doing my makeup.

"I'm kind of excited! I've never seen Luke play before," I said as I applied a little eyeliner.

"Oh my gosh, Chelsea, you're gonna die when you hear how good his voice is," Peyton said. I smiled, and continued applying my makeup.

When I finished, I went into my room to change into my new dress. It was an adorable, dark maroon dress that fit me perfectly. It came down to my mid-thigh, so I made sure that my legs were nice and smooth.

I put on my favorite necklace and earrings, then walked to my closet to pick out a pair of shoes. I decided on black wedges. I slipped them on and walked out of my room to wait for Katie and Peyton.

Katie was coming out of her room at the same time that I did, and we simultaneously looked at each other and said, "Daaaamn!" She looked beautiful, as always.

Peyton stepped out of the bathroom, dressed and ready to go, looking just as beautiful. "We clean up nicely," Peyton said as she nodded her head in approval of our outfits.

"Alright let's go! I'll drive," she said as she grabbed the keys. And with that, we were off to the concert.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE: thanks for reading! please don't forget to comment and vote for this chapter.. thank you :)