Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

"Chelsea, what the fuck?!??" Katie said with tears in her eyes, pointing at my phone in her hand.

"Why is he calling you?? Did you talk to him?" She asked, going through the same panic that I went through just moments ago.

I looked at her helplessly. Oh God. I could feel tears threatening my eyes now, too. I just shook my head and took a couple of deep breaths. "Please don't tell my parents..." I started to say.

"Hey, what's going on in here?" I heard Ashton say behind me.

I blinked back any sign of tears and gave Katie a little nod so she knew I would handle the guys. I turned around and plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Nothing, we were just talking to our parents. We miss them! You know how it is," I rambled, trying to take any attention off of Katie. I failed.

"Hey, are you crying?" Ashton said as he looked past me to Katie.

"No, no I'm not!" Katie said as she quickly shook her head and forced a smile. Ugh. This was turning into a shit show.

"It's getting kind of late, and I think we're all pretty tired. Should we call it a night? We had so much fun and we should totally do this again sometime! Here, I'll walk you guys out!" I said as I shoved the guys out of my room and closed the door, leaving Katie in there to get all her tears out in private.

"What the fuck just happened?" Luke asked me. He was looking at me right in the eyes, clearly aware of the fact that I was hiding something.

I let out a loud, uncomfortable laugh. "HA! I know, crazy, right? So, we'll see you soon?" I said, trying to subtly usher them out the front door.

"Woah it's so warm out tonight! Global warming, am I right?!" I said as I tried to turn the attention on anything but myself or Katie.

"Chelsea, stop!" Ashton said. Uh oh. I guess I wasn't being as subtle as I thought I was. "Seriously, what just happened? Who were you guys on the phone with?" Ashton asked me.

I looked down at my feet. An uncomfortable silence sat between us. They were clearly frustrated and wanted to know what was going on. I didn't want to lie again, but I definitely didn't want to tell the truth.

"Just a friend from home," I whispered. I felt my throat going dry again as I lifted my head up.

"We'll talk later, okay?" I said quietly to the guys. They nodded and left.

Luke caught my eye as they were leaving. I couldn't tell if he was concerned or aggravated. Probably just aggravated. I mean, why wouldn't he be? I just acted like a total freak. I had good reason for acting like that, I just didn't want to have to explain it to the guys.

I shut the door behind them and leaned my back against it. I slowly sank down so I was sitting on the floor. Cradling my head in my hands, I started to cry. The tears didn't stop pouring from my eyes. Eventually, I was shaking as sobs racked through my body.

I heard Katie come out of my room. She walked over to the door and sat down next to me. Her strong arms pulled me in to her and we both cried.

"I hate Cam. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him," I said in between sobs. "He ruins everything," I cried. Katie just held me close to her, and said "I know. I know. I hate him too."

After Katie and I sat on the floor and cried our eyes out, we knew we needed to just go to bed and forget about the whole thing for now. I gave her a hug and headed into my room.

I immediately saw my phone on my nightstand. I knew I shouldn't look, but I have no self control. I unlocked the screen and saw one message from Cam.

'don't make this difficult.'

I shut my phone off and turned off my light. I needed to sleep this off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE: thanks for reading! please don't forget to comment and vote for this chapter.. thank you :)