55

---

I've decided to wear a bright blue textured skirt that is tight around my waist but flares out at my thighs. I also wear a strapless floral top and gold sandals. I add my necklace from Jack and brush out my hair so it hangs straight down my back.

"Damn Ind" Molly says looking at me. She's wearing a purple backless dress with silver heels. She looks absolutely amazing.

"Dress to impress right?" I laugh as we make our way into the living room.

"Wow girls, you look gorgeous" Katherine compliments as soon as she sees us. We give her a twirl and thank her.

Then I see Jack. He's wearing the blue button up he know's I love with some beige chinos. I hate him for doing this to me. He sees me staring and then smirks at me. I roll my eyes and we go to dinner.

---

"Why don't you ride back to the house with mom and dad? I'll take Sam" Jack says to me as I place my hand on his car door handle.

"Kay" I shrug and climb in the middle seat of the other car between Molly and Laura.

"Don't mind him. He's being an idiot" Laura assures me. He was weird with me the whole of dinner. I don't know what I've done wrong.

"When isn't he?" Molly laughs

"He wants time with the boys. I get it" I shrug. He can't be very happy about me introducing myself to Kenny and Nate. Oh well, he'll have to deal with it.

"Don't worry, you've got us" Laura smiles, bumping her arm into mine.

"Nate invited me to a bonfire at his house tomorrow. Maybe I'll just stay back at the house"

"Mr and Mrs Maloley came round to the house today to introduce themselves" Katherine speaks up "We've been invited to a bonfire tomorrow night too"

"Looks like you have to come Ind" Molly smirks.

"Maybe I do" I laugh.

--- THE NEXT DAY ---

"Indigo, I wanna talk to you so hurry up and wake up" Molly says from next to me.

"What?" I groan. I open my eyes to see her holding a glass of water above my head. "Do you Gilinskys not know how to wake someone up nicely?" I laugh sitting up.

"Hi" She says sitting on my bed.

"Hi?" I say. "You wanted to talk?"

"Oh, yeah" She answers. "Sam's taking us to the supermarket to get some stuff because they don't know where it is"

"And?" I look at her expectantly

"1. Do you wanna come? and 2. Do you want anything?"

"No thanks to both of those. I think I'm gonna swim or sunbathe or something"

"Okay cool. It will just be you and Jack though- he's watching TV at the minute"

"Just me and him? For definite?"

"Yeah! The rest of them are in the car already. They sent me up to ask you"

"Oh right. You have fun with Sam" I wink "He likes you"

"I can tell by the way he's been looking at me recently. Jack used to look at you like that- not anymore though" She shrugs. "Bye" She says running out the door.

I decide to get up and tease Jack. If he's gonna play hard to get and not even look at me, I may as well give him something he can't not look at right? I change into my new hot pink VS underwear and a baggy t-shirt that hangs loosely over the top, just showing off the bottom of my butt. I brush my hair out and peak out the door to see him engrossed in whatever is on the TV. I take a deep breath and then casually walk out into the living room and walk straight in front of the TV across to the bathroom.