34

I look at the time on my phone. 9:30pm. I decide to start making my new bed when there's a knock at the door.

"Hi Indigo" Mrs Gilinsky says walking in the room.

"Hiya" I smile, turning to face her.

"Here's a towel- feel free to use the shower" She says handing me a towel

"Thanks" I say taking it. She looks expectant of me, I smile and walk past her into the bathroom.

------

I've never showered at Jack's house before. I know that sounds crazy, considering how much time I've spent at his house.

When I return to my newly assigned room to find the bed has been made up for me. I smile to myself and quickly get dressed into my grey jogging bottoms and one of Nash's old jumpers that no longer fit him. He offered it to Anna but she refused- said she likes her figure to be visable. Not me. Comfort over style anyday.

I brush my hair through and make my way downstairs. I hear Jack on the phone to someone as I walk past his door. I hover by it, deciding if I should go in or not. I decide against it and go to the kitchen.

"Hi" I say cheerfully, making Jack's mom jump slightly.

"Ooh you scared me there Indigo" She says whilst stirring a pan on the stove.

"Sorry! Do you want some help?" I offer

"How nice of you! Could you maybe peel those carrots and chop them up?" She says pointing to the vegetables on the side.

"Sure, how many?"

"Well dinner is for 3 tonight" She explains "Molly is with her friends, Laura is at her boyfriends and Jack's father is working late tonight"

"Just us 3?" I say unsure about having to sit through a meal with Jack.

"If he says anything just ignore him"

"Will do" I say. We continue to prepare dinner in silence until it is ready.

"Could you go and get Jack?" Mrs Gilinsky asks me.

"Okay" I say, forgetting that he hates me now. I run upstairs to Jack's room and enter without knocking.

"Jack! Dinner's rea-"

"Get out" Jack yells, holding his hand over his phone.

"Woah, sorry dude" I say backing out of the room. I turn to leave but stop in my tracks. I spin on my heels to face Jack. "You don't have to blame everything on me you know!" I shout, getting his attention "Yeah, I left you and I know that was shitty. I know that I slept with Cameron and regret it now but I didn't even know you liked me. If I had known I wouldn't have told you what happened they way I did."

"Whatever"

"So I'm not a complete dickhead because if I'd known that you'd liked me when you did then I would have screamed it from the rooftops how much I liked you. But now- now I hate you." I say walking out the door.

"Indie" He says softly

"Oh, your dinner's ready" I say blunty.

---

When I make it downstairs I see Mrs Gilinsky stood at the bottom of the stairs watching me. I try to avoid eye contact with her as I walk past into the kitchen. She follows me and sits down at the table next to me. She doesn't say anything, she just places her hand on top of mine lightly for a few seconds until Jack comes down.

He glances at me and sit opposite me.

"So Jack" Mrs Gilinsky says awkwardly. "How's Meg?"

"I broke up with her"

"Oh" She says "Good"

"Why's that good?"

"No reason" She smirks "She doesn't seem too great"

"She's not" I laugh.