75

---

I wake up in Jack's arms. I look at my ring once again and think about how people are going to react when they hear the news. Jack and I met up with my group of friends yesterday for a catch up. Everyone is in their original couples again- Ellie and Shawn, Anna and Nash and most surprisingly, Meg and Cameron. None of us saw that happening again but they've spent the complete last 2 weeks together and I actually wouldn't be surprised if they announced that they're engaged too. I won't lie, they were all shocked and sceptical of mine and Jack's news but I think they're happy for us. Nash was the hardest to convince but that's not a surprise is it?

"Good morning beautiful" I hear Jack's raspy morning voice. I spin to face him as he smiles warmly at me. I reach up and wipe the sleep out of his eyes. I lean in and kiss him lightly. "Do I get the same awakening as two days ago?"

"Not right now. It's the first day of school, I have to get ready" I kiss him once more before climbing out of bed. I head downstairs and find that no one is awake yet. I begin to whip up a batch of pancakes for the entire family.

"Wow, you're already wife material" Jack says walking downstairs in nothing but his boxers. I can't help but stare at his physique. Damn. How'd I get so lucky?

"Well all those years of having a family who didn't care sure taught me some things" I say flipping the first pancake. Jack walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, hugging me from behind. He rests his head on my shoulder and kisses my neck every so often.

"We're going to have our own family some day. We're going to love our kids with every ounce of our hearts and we're going to give them the world." He says softly.

"Awh you guys" I hear Molly's voice behind us. Jack turns me round to see Molly holding her phone up at us. "Relationship goals"

"Do you want pancakes?" I smile, still holding the pan.

"I'd love some! Congratulations Jack, your fiancé is a chef too"

"You haven't tasted them yet. They might be crap." I beam.

"Doubt it" Jack says taking the first pancake and putting the whole thing in his mouth at once.

"You're gross"

"But these aren't" He says, his eyes rolling into the back of his head.

"Ew, stop doing that" I laugh. I flip the rest of the mixture until I have a stack of pancakes. I place 2 each on 3 plates and put them on the table. We eat our food in silence. "What time is it?"

"Uh" Molly stalls whilst checking her phone. "7:30"

"Crap, I have to get ready." I say shooting up off the chair. I place my plate in the sink and run upstairs. I throw open Jack's wardrobe considering I have officially moved in here and taken up pretty much the whole closet. I pull out some blue jeggings and put them on over my no vpl panties because who wants vpl? Seriously. I put a white vest top on and then Jack's grey sweatshirt over. At least this outfit won't get me in trouble for violating the school's dress code. I put my white vans on and tie my hair up into a messy bun, pulling out strands to frame my face. I put a bit of mascara on and then put my glasses on. Sometimes I forget that I have to wear my glasses because I'm so used to putting in contacts everyday it's become part of my daily routine.

"You look so different" I hear Jack say as he pulls his black jeans on with his black vans and a white shirt. He runs a hand through his hair and checks himself in the mirror. "It's a good different by the way"

"Thanks babe" I smile. "Do you think you can walk down the halls with me looking like this?"

"I could walk down the aisle with you looking like this" He says grabbing my jumper and pulling me towards him. He kisses me intently and smirks. "Honestly, you look the best you ever have. Don't get me wrong, I love the short skirts and booty shorts but I love this look too."

"I love you" I retaliate.

"I love you too beautiful" He beams. "Let's get going. I'll drive"

---

We meet up with Shawn and Ellie at the school doors. Jack and I did get a few stares and even some points when we walked hand in hand with my ring shining in the sun.

"Hey newly engageds" Shawn smiles. "I thought that would sound better than it did" He shakes his head in shame.

"Hey Shawn" I beam. "Where's your form room?"

"Uh, room 41" He tells me.

"I'm in 41 too" Jack speaks up.

"73" Ellie adds.

"I'm in 24" I say sadly. I still have 5 other friends that could be in my homeroom so it might be okay. Even if they aren't it will give me the excuse to make new friends this year. Of course I'll still hang out with my usual group of friends a lot but I think it's time to become more of a people person. It's the last year of school. I don't want to be at the 30 year reunion and have everyone remember me as the 'stuck up, self absorbed, popular girl'.

The bell rings telling us that we have 5 minutes to get to homeroom. I kiss Jack goodbye and make my way to my new classroom. I don't need a big group of people to keep me away from anyone 'not worth my time' anymore. I want to get to know people. I've been at school with these people for 7 years and I barely know any of their names.

Yes, people stare as I walk with my rucksack on my back and my glasses falling down my face. I push them up flashing off my new piece of jewellery and I hear some snarky remarks like: 'Who would put a ring on that? She gets with everything that has a pulse' 'I heard she slept with Cameron, maybe it's him' 'Maybe she got pregnant so this is a last resort'. It takes all I have not to say something. Usually Nash would glare at them until they practically poop their pants but not now. I don't have my comfort blanket of friends. I can't hide behind my perfectly styled hair of thick layer of makeup. I can't attract attention away from my flaws because of how short my skirt is and I can't get my own way with a bat of my eyelashes.

I try and give a friendly smile to people I pass in the halls but they all look away in fear. I hate this. I hate being labelled as one of the popular girls. No one knows the real me. No one will ever take the chance to get to know me. Who was I kidding? A new appearance wasn't going to change the way I've treated some of these people. I'm so used to treating everyone like they mean nothing to me without even realising that I'm hurting them. I was so horrible before and I have to change that, starting right now.

Let me introduce myself. I'm Indigo Bartoli, fiancé of Jack Gilinsky. Apparently, I used to think I was the most envied girl in school because I had all the latest designer clothes and because I'm the prettiest girl in school but none of that is true. I was labelled as a slut, stuck up, full of myself, self absorbed, pretending to be something I'm not. And yes I was most of those things, I'll admit it.

'All she cares about is what she looks like and what new boy is on her arm' is what they used to say. Wrong. I hope now they can see that I couldn't care less about those. All I need is Jack, the Gilinskys and my friends. Sure, I still don't care about what people think about me but it's nice to know that people have a different opinion on you; a better opinion. Everyone in this school has had completely the wrong idea of me, no one knew what I was actually like. No one but Jack.

Well here I am. I'm the real Indigo Bartoli and I'm here to stay. I guess you could say I'm no longer interested in being:

The Popular Girl.