37

-----

When we arrive back at the Gilinsky household, Molly and I have to make 2 trips to the car in order to bring all the bags inside.

"What time is Nash coming?"

"I didn't tell him a time"

"Well lets get you ready and then tell him to come" She says. I nod and follow her up stairs with the remaining bags. We dump them on my bed and Molly disappears for a few minutes, returning with a large bag of hangers. We unpack all our purchases and start to hang them up. "Is there anything in particular you want to wear?"

"Not really. Go crazy with me. I mean I am your dress up doll afterall" I wink and watch her as she puts different outfits together. After about 10 minutes she finally decides on the first outfit I tried on in the shop- the green skirt and black lace top. I put them on along with some black flats and she pulls me into her room.

Molly's room is so different to the one I am staying in. It's got light blue walls- one completely covered in photos of her and her friends and her family. I see one from several summers ago of Molly, Jack and I. That was the day we decided to make a giant slip n' slide in their back garden. Katherine sure did shout at us after that but I didn't mind. It was the best day of my life.

"That was a good day" I hear Molly say as she joins my side, also looking at the picture "Do you remember mom's lecture?"

"I work long and hard to pay for that water that you've just wasted" I recall "I felt so bad"

"That was the first time she ever properly shouted at us" She laughs "You're a bad influence"

"What can I say? I'm a rule breaker" I smirk, making her laugh.

"Here sit" she says pushing me into her desk chair. She wheels me over to her dresser and hands me a makeup wipe. I start to wipe my face clean, even though I wasn't wearing any makeup. I throw it in the trash and she takes it back out. "What? You weren't wearing any?" I shrug in response. She begins to do my makeup. Whilst she is applying foundation my eyes wander around to the rest of her room. I see a few paintings in corner of the room.

"Did you paint those?" I ask nodding towards the corner.

"Yeah, do you like them?" She says putting down a brush and walking over to them. She looks through the pile and picks out one. She brings it back over to me. "This is my favourite" I take it from her and look at it.

It's of me and Jack. We're asleep on the couch in his lounge. We're about 12. Jack has his arms wrapped around me as he lays behind me fast asleep, he's slightly smiling.

"This is amazing Mol" I say stunned at how amazing it is. I look closer to see that it is composed completely of dots of paint. "Why don't you hang these up?"

"I don't know. I never really thouoght they were much good"

"Has anyone seen these?"

"No, you're the first one"

"Wow. You have to show this to someone. You have a real talent!"

"I don't know" She says picking the brush up again, starting on my eye makeup.

"What else have you painted?"

"Mostly you and Jack" She says cooly "I try to capture the way his eyes light up when he's with you. I haven't seen him like that for a while"

"He really hasn't seen this?"

"Nope" She says shrugging. "I'm done" She says spinning my seat so I can look in the mirror. She's gone for a very natural look. I stand up and straighten my skirt. "Wait I forgot something" She says rummaging through a box on her dresser. She takes out a gold chain with a small solid gold heart and clasps it around my neck.

"Molly-"

"It's yours. Jack asked me to take him shopping for something for you for your birthday. He was going to give it to you on your birthday but then Nash barged in"

"This must have cost him so much"

"It cost him 2 months allowance. He said it was worth it for you"

"I feel so bad now"

"Don't. Text Nash and tell him you're ready"