42

"I am?"

"Well, I don't know.." I say starting to blush.

"Oh shit"

"I'm gonna go. Bye guys!" I say starting to run back to Jack's. I run as fast as I can until I reach the front door. I run up to Molly's room and burst in.

"Woah! What's up?" She says sitting up. She was previously lying on her bed watching tv.
I flop down and lie on her rug face first.

"I told Jack that he's my best friend"

"Is that so bad?"

"Then he said 'I am?' and I was like 'well I dont know' and he was like 'oh shit' then I ran off" I sigh.

"Oh, I see"

"Now I've embarrassed him infront of his friends.. and my friends"

"You haven't embarrassed him. He doesn't get embarrassed easily. Remember when you dared him to wear girls underpants to school one day and then one of the boys pantsed him? He ended up walking around school all day with the pants over his shorts."

"That was so funny"

"See, you won't have embarrassed him. He won't care. He knows how shitty he was- he doesn't expect anything"

"I still feel like an idiot"

"INDIGO? ARE YOU HERE?" We hear Jack shout from downstairs.

"Talk to him" Molly says softly.

"Fine" I groan getting up. I walk downstairs to meet Jack at the door.

"What happened back there?" He asks gripping my shoulders.

"I don't know, I thought I'd embarrassed you" I sigh.

"You never embarrass me."

"Never?"

"Never."

"Well good"

"Are you mad at me? I know I didn't really appologise to you very well"

"Oh god, I cannot listen to you say sorry one more time" I laugh

"Well I am, I'm really S-word that I chose Meg to get over you. I know you guys are having your dispute and I shouldn't have got in the middle of it."

"It's fine. I can't hold you back all the time."

"You don't, you've helped me climb the social ladder. I'm cool now."

"1. No you aren't" I joke "and 2. That happened whilst we weren't friends"

"I guess you're right"

"But who cares" I say lightening the mood "Froyo?"

"Froyo"

--- 10 DAYS LATER ---

So I spent the last 10 days hanging out with Jack, Molly and talking with Nash every day. I'm really starting to like Nash and Jack and I are getting close to where we used to be. Right now I'm waiting for Nash to call me about our 'date'. It feels weird calling it a date- I mean, it's Nash.

"Hey hottie" He laughs down the phone.

"Yo yo yo" I sing.

"You sound like a little happy angel"

"Maybe I am"

"Why's that?"

"Because a hot guy is taking me on a date"

"Oh who's that?"

"I think his name is Hamilton. Weird name but nice guy"

"Oh he sounds like a lucky guy"