Breakfast in Bed (Tadashi x Reader)

Requested by PrincessLindsey ^-^ 

"Okay, kiddos, let's get started. But remember, be quiet or Mommy will wake up," Tadashi said. Four kids stared blankly up at him.

Tadashi smiled. "Don't you want to make a nice present for your mother?" Immediately all the kids began leaping up and down squealing excitedly. 

"Shush!" Tadashi whispered. The children began whisper - squealing.

"Okay, let's make her some breakfast in bed," Tadashi decided thoughtfully. He glanced at one of his daughters. "(Daughter's Name), can you get me some bread?" He started the toaster. "I'm going to make (Favorite Breakfast Food), you kids can help."

After a few minutes, (D/N) did not return. "What's taking her so long?" Tadashi wondered out loud. He set the oven on low and peeked into the pantry. He was shocked to see (D/N) balanced precariously on a can of Pringles to reach the bread. 

"(D/N), get down from there, or you'll fa-" Tadashi started, but (D/N) immediately toppled backwards. Tadashi lunged forward, but he was too late. His daughter fell and started crying. 

Tadashi scooped up (D/N) and hugged her. "Don't cry," he soothed. He stroked her hair to comfort her. Then he grabbed the bread.

"Daddy!" A shriek erupted from the kitchen. Tadashi glanced out of the pantry to see (Favorite Breakfast) on fire. 

"Get away from the stove!" he called. He set down (D/N), who immediately started crying more. "(D/N), stay put," he ordered.

"Get away from the stove!" the other kids repeated. They scrambled under the kitchen table, staring up at the oven in fear. 

"It's evil and wants to kill us," (Son's Name) whispered. 

Tadashi put out the fire, then turned to the kids huddled under the table. "Kids, get out from under there," he said sternly. The kids hurried out, and (S/N) banged his head on the table. He screamed in pain. 

Swallowing a noise of frustration, Tadashi hurried forward and scooped up (S/N), patting his head. 

"Daddy. . . carry me too. . . " the other kids begged, tugging on his legs. Tadashi sighed. "Shush, or Mommy will wake up."

He sat each kid on a chair on the kitchen table. "Now stay there," he ordered. The four children watched as Tadashi hurriedly finished cooking the breakfast.

After arranging the plates on the tray, Tadashi motioned for the kids to follow him. 

* * *

You were dozing when suddenly a tiny body hurled itself on top of you. You snapped awake. "Huh?" Pulling yourself up in a sitting position, you saw four kids staring adorably up at you. Then you saw your husband, Tadashi, smiling at you. "Happy Birthday!" the group chorused.

You grinned. "Breakfast in bed?" You pulled the kids into a hug. "Thank you so much," you said happily. Tadashi plopped down beside you.

"Can I give the tray to her?" (D/N) asked, reaching for the tray.

"No, I want to!" (S/N) retorted, grabbing it away from his sister. All the kids piled into the tray, making it flip over. The food spilled onto the blanket. Immediately the kids started to cry. "We're sorry!"

Tadashi stared at the mess in horror. 

"It's the thought that counts," you assured him. He nodded. "Okay kids, get some paper towels," he told them. They all raced out of the room.

"Thanks, Tadashi." You wrapped him in a hug. He pecked your lips lovingly, then hurried out after the kids.

* * *

Kids. 

You have to love them.

~Clover