The Letter (Hiro x Reader)

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Hiro called to you.

Your head snapped up. "Huh?" Your heartbeat quickened when your crush called your name.

"Can you pass me that paper on your desk?" Hiro smiled, holding out his hands. Your heart sank. Hiro never talked to you unless it was for school or everyone was hanging out together. Silently you picked up the stack and handed it to him.

You have to tell him you like him sometime, you thought. So that evening, you practiced saying your lines in front of the mirror. "Hiro," you said. "This might sound stupid-"

"-this will sound pretty random-"

"-I just wanted to say I like-"

"Hiro, let's make babies together."

"Arrrgh!" Frustrated, you threw yourself on the bed. "This is never going to work." You peeked out and saw your desk. Maybe I can write something to him...

You tapped the paper with your pencil. How were you going to write this confession to Hiro? Finally, you began writing: Hi, Hiro. It's me. We don't talk a lot except for at school. I want to change that by saying I really like you. Like, really like you. You might not know who I am. But I'll just say I'm funny like Fred, fast like GoGo, and (sometimes) perky like Honey Lemon. 

You didn't bother to sign your name. It'll be better to keep it anonymous, you thought. Because of your stalkerish abilities, you knew his home address. You stuffed the paper into the envelope and put it in the mailbox outside.

* * *

A week later, your group of friends decided to drag you along on some picnic. As soon as all of you entered the park, your sneakers sank into the thin, fresh grass as you walked beside Hiro. Behind you was the rest of the gang. Honey Lemon was holding a picnic basket and Wasabi had a rolled-up picnic blanket under his arm. Together all of you walked through the park.

"Let's sit here," Hiro announced, stopping at a large patch of soft grass. The trees provided a nice, cool shade.

As Wasabi and Honey Lemon set out the food, you and Hiro tore through the trees. "Catch me if you can!" you yelled, sprinting away. He smirked and tore after you. As you sped past GoGo, she rolled her eyes and smiled meaningfully at Honey Lemon.

"Hey, (Y/N), you can stop flirting with Hiro now," Fred called teasingly. You skidded to a halt under a willow tree. What?! 

"Flirting?" you scoffed. "I'm not-" You were cut off when Hiro slammed into you, knocking you to the ground. 

"Got you!" he yelled in your ear. You winced. "Ow, okay."

"Are you guys kissing?" Fred yelled. The others couldn't see you two because of the curtain of willow leaves surrounding you and Hiro.

"You wish," Hiro smiled at you, his eyes gleaming.

Heat flooded your cheeks. "What? No!"

"(Y/N), I know it was you." Hiro sat up, but he didn't bother to get off of you. "I got your letter."

"I didn't send any letter," you protested. "And you weigh a ton."

"Oh, come on," Hiro smirked, crossing his arms. "Funny like Fred, fast like GoGo, and sometimes perky like Honey Lemon? I know you too well, (Y/N)." He leaned closer to you. "And how did you get my address?"

Your face was completely on fire. "I. . . "

Hiro smiled coyly at you. "There's no need to be embarrassed," he said. The corner of his lip curled mischievously.

You couldn't speak. You couldn't move. Geez, does this guy live on my embarrassment or something? 

"Okay, okay, I did send that," you said, staring at him defiantly. "What are you going to do about it?"

"This," Hiro replied, leaning in and kissing you. You were taken aback. You had expected a rejection, or even mean laughter. But you kissed him back, happiness filling your chest.

A breeze blew gently, making the grass tickle your face. Hiro's lips were pressed against yours softly and-

Suddenly, the willow leaves were pushed aside. "I knew it!" Honey Lemon squealed. Fred burst out laughing and GoGo snickered. Wasabi grinned, stifling a laugh. Hiro pulled away from you, shocked. His arms were on either side of you, who was still lying on the grass. 

"You," Fred chortled, "are actually laying on top on (Y/N)."

"So?" Hiro spluttered, scrambling off you. He grabbed your hand and pulled you up. You were pretty red, too. 

"Come on, lovebirds," GoGo piped up. "Let's get lunch."

Everyone turned and walked away again, the willow curtain falling back in place. Hiro glanced at you. "That was fun, wasn't it?" he said, half-smiling. His brown eyes twinkled.

"Shut up," you laughed, and began to walk away. 

"Wait," Hiro said. He grabbed your hand and intertwined his fingers with yours. "You have to stay with me now," he added slyly. 

You grinned at him, and together you walked to the picnic.

* * *

This took me like 3 hours to write ;-;

Requests are open!

~Clover