Some Illness (Hiro x Reader)

You stared down at your phone. Your hands were pale and cold, and you coughed. I think I might be sick. You felt your forehead. It was colder. You were shaking, and you coughed again. 

Your phone buzzed again. It was Hiro. 

Hiro: What's up? :D
(Y/N): I might be sick :/ 
Hiro: Aw :( Want me to come over?
Hiro: Tadashi keeps staring at me like I'm about to bot fight xD

You smiled at the phone. Hiro was always there for you. You lifted a thumb to reply, but then it fell out of your hands. Then you fell out of your chair, unconscious. Your body was cold.

In your palm, your phone buzzed again.

Hiro: (Y/N)? You there?

* * *

(Hiro's POV)

"Huh," Hiro stared at the phone. "She never replies late."

"Maybe she went to bed," Tadashi suggested. He paged through a book, sprawled on his bed.

"Tadashi, it's 7:30. She never goes to sleep that early," Hiro pointed out, getting off the bed. He stared at the phone again, then turned it off and put it in his pocket.

A few moments later, a wailing ambulance shot down the road outside the cafe.

"Someone's in an emergency," Tadashi commented, still reading his book. His cap was off and was resting on the pillow beside him.

"Yeah," Hiro said. "Glad it's not me." 

"Boys!" Aunt Cass flew into the room, her eyes wild. "Get in the car. Hurry!"

"What's wrong?" Tadashi sat up, throwing the book aside. He put on his hat.

"(Y/N)," Aunt Cass choked out. "(Y/N)'s in the emergency room."

* * *

Hiro peered into the room (Y/N) was in. You were laying still on a hospital bed, a bunch of tubes sticking out of you. Doctors swarmed around you, murmuring.

Horrified, Hiro turned away from the door. "Is she going to be okay?" he sobbed, tears rolling down his face.

Cass wrapped him in a hug. "I don't know yet, Hiro." 

Tadashi shook Hiro's shoulder reassuringly. "Don't worry," he whispered. 

Hiro tore away from his aunt. "Why couldn't that have been me?" he wailed, his voice filling up the entire hospital lobby. "(Y/N) didn't deserve this! She didn't do anything!" People stared at Hiro as he cried like a lost child.

A nurse walked out of the room (Y/N) was in. His face streaked with tears, Hiro grabbed her arm as he sank onto his knees. "Is she going to be okay? Please say yes!" he begged, tugging on her sleeve.

"Her chances of survival are very low," the nurse replied sadly. "But we'll do our best."

Hiro let go of the nurse and broke into a fit of sobs again, just laying there on the floor in a ball. Tears dripped onto the hospital tiles, but he didn't care.

* * *

Days later, Hiro lay still in his bed, the blanket covering his entire body. He didn't want to wake up. He didn't want to hear that (Y/N) was dead. 

A hand shook Hiro, obviously urging him to get up. 

"Go away, Tadashi," Hiro said, about to cry again. "Don't tell me (Y/N)'s dead. Leave me alone."

"Dead?" The voice wasn't Tadashi's. It was. . . 

"(Y/N)?" Hiro immediately sat up. You were standing there, next to his bed, looking perfectly fine. Except for the fact you were paler than usual. 

"You're. . . you're okay?" Hiro gasped, reaching out towards you. His finger brushed against your cheek. "You really are okay!"

"Um. . . yeah," you laughed. "It was just some illness or something. I still have to take medications for a while, though." 

Hiro hugged your fiercely. "I was so worried," he whispered into your (H/C) hair. "I couldn't bear the thought of losing you."

* * *

Let's ignore the fact Hiro hugged you in pajamas.

He could have slept naked for all we know.

Oh gawd what is wrong with my mind

~Clover