Want to Dance? (Hiro x Reader)

Hiro x Reader requested by many of you!

You stared around the huge ballroom. Almost everyone from SFIT was there, dressed in luxurious tuxedos and dresses. Fancy streamers and balloons were draped thoughtfully around the room, and there was a table stacked with mouthwatering snacks and appetizers. 

You felt underdressed, but it didn't matter. You weren't going to stay for long. Dances just weren't your thing. 

"Have fun," you told your friends, who were decked out in elegant clothing. "Are you sure you don't want to come?" Honey Lemon asked, her eyes wide.

You nodded and smiled. "See you later," you said. You glanced around the huge room. I wonder if Hiro's here, you thought. I'll go look for him. 

You stayed close to the wall, walking the perimeter of the room. Hiro was no where to be seen. I guess he's at home, you thought, smiling to yourself. You knew your best friend enough to know he didn't like dances either.

That's why you were so surprised when you saw Hiro not far away, talking with a girl you didn't know.  Even though he wasn't even wearing anything fancy, just his regular outfit, a pang of disappointment pricked at your chest. He did come, and he never told the rest of the gang. And he asked another girl...

You had a crush on Hiro for so long. It's too late to tell him now. You turned away, your (H/L) (H/C) falling over your face. You saw some French doors leading out to a large balcony outside. Pushing your way outside, you closed the doors behind you. The cold air met your face and you shivered. 

Zipping up your (F/C) jacket, you made your way to the railing. Your breath billowed around you when you leaned on the railing, taking in the sparkling lights of Fransokyo.

Suddenly, the French doors squeaked open. You spun around and saw Hiro, closing the door behind him. "Hi, (Y/N)," he said. "I didn't know you came."

"I didn't know you did, either," you grumbled, turning back around.

"What's wrong?" he asked, his brown eyes full of concern.

You didn't reply.

"You saw me with that girl, didn't you?" he asked softly.

You bit your lip. "Yeah."

Hiro burst into laughter. You spun around. "What?"

"She's Aunt Cass' friend's daughter," he laughed. "I just went over to say hi." He came over to stand next to you. "You were jealous?"

"No," you said, your face turning warm.

"Right," he scoffed, staring out at the city. He turned slightly to face you. "(Y/N)," he said, clearing his throat. You glanced sideways at him. "Huh?"

He stared at his shoes. "May I have this dance?" he asked. 

You were shocked. "But- I don't have a dress or anything. . . and I can't dance. . . "(Sorry if you can xD)

"Oh, come on," Hiro said, taking your hands. "You're not the only one underdressed, and I'll teach you." He put one of your hands on his shoulder. "Just follow me. . . "

Your face was on fire as Hiro quietly showed you how to step back and forth along with him. "(Y/N)," he said suddenly after a few awkward minutes of dancing.

"H-huh?" Did I step on his foot or something?! 

"I. . . " His voice came out in a whisper. "I really like you."

"You- you do?" You froze.

He bobbed his head up and down. When you didn't reply, he let go of you and stepped away. "I'm sorry," he mumbled. "That was stupid. I'll just go-"

"Hiro, wait!" You grabbed his shoulder again. He turned around, his eyes hopeful.

"I. . . " You suddenly felt awkward. You didn't want to say it back without sounding cheesy. But Hiro understood. His smile seemed to light up the world, and he stepped forward and quickly pressed his lips against yours briefly. 

Your eyes widened, but Hiro just smirked as he pulled away. "Now," he said briskly. "Want to keep dancing? You stepped on my toe last time."

* * *

Thank you for reading this :D It's my first Character x Reader, so I apologize if it sucks or something. Requests are still open! 

And I have no idea what a One-Shot is xD So I just wrote a little short chapter. 

~Clover