Grades (Hiro x Reader)

You shut your locker quietly. The high school halls were empty. You had just come back from a tutoring session, since you weren't doing so well in (Least Favorite Subject.) Sighing, you pulled out your report card, which was just handed back that day. Your grades were decent, but not something you had to show to your parents. Or friends.

I'll never pass (L/F/S), you thought miserably. You stuffed the envelope into your jacket pocket and walked out of the empty school. 

"Hey, (Y/N)!" a voice called. You turned to see Hiro, your genius friend. He was only fourteen, but he was in college already.

"Hiro? What are you doing here?" You scurried down the steps to meet him.

"SFIT let out early today," Hiro replied, shrugging. "Want to come over to my place?"

You thought of your textbook in your backpack, waiting for you to study. Then you thought of Hiro and his friendly grin. "Sure," you said finally.

The two of you started walking, and Hiro slipped his fingers into yours. You were used to it, since you were absolute best friends. 

"What's wrong, (Y/N)?" Hiro asked, looking at your face. You realized you were frowning.

"I'm fine," you answered.

"No, you're not. I can tell something's up," Hiro stared out in front of him. 

You didn't reply, just kicked at some leaves on the ground. You fingered the envelope in your pocket with your free hand.

Hiro squeezed your hand. "Okay," he said, when you were clearly weren't going to talk. "You can talk to me when you feel like it, okay?"

"You're a genius," you muttered. "You wouldn't understand."

"What?" Hiro turned to look at you.

"Nothing."

The both of you arrived at Lucky Cat Cafe. As soon as you entered, a delicious smell wafted around you. Cass looked up and greeted you.

Upstairs, you pulled off your jacket and placed it on a chair. You didn't see your report card fall out of the pocket. Immediately, Hiro swooped down like a bird and snatched it. "Hiro!" you shouted.

Hiro grinned evilly as he ran out of the room. You charged after him, but you were too late. Hiro had darted into the bathroom and locked the door.

"Ooh, what's this, (Y/N)? A love note?" Hiro teased. You heard the envelope open.

"No, it's not!" you exclaimed, pounding on the door. If Hiro saw your grades, you would just die.

A sound of paper rustling was muffled by the door. Then silence.

"(Y/N)," Hiro started, opening the door.

"Yeah, go ahead and judge me," you interrupted. "Yes, I have a terrible grade (L/F/S). Not all of us can be geniuses, okay?"

Hiro glanced down at the paper. "I. . . " He seemed speechless.

Embarrassed and angry, you took the paper from him and hurried back to the bedroom, where you grabbed your jacket and backpack.

"Hey, where are you going?" Hiro appeared in the doorway.

"Home."

"Why? I can help you with (L/F/S)."

"I'll do better on my own," you lied, pulling on your jacket.

Hiro rolled his eyes. "Seriously, (Y/N), you are the worst liar on the planet."

"They didn't teach me that in science," you retorted. "Bye."

Hiro grabbed your jacket hood as you scurried out the door. He pulled you back into the bedroom, closing the door and locking it.

"Hiro, just let me go," you whined. 

"No." Hiro plunked you down on his swivel chair. "I'm going to help you."

"You're just keeping me prisoner in this room." You got up and walked towards the door. Hiro scrambled after you, and just when you unlocked the door, he threw his arms around you from behind you. You froze. 

"Don't leave," Hiro said into your ear, making you shudder. "Please."

"Fine." You shoved him away and walked back to the chair. "What are you going to help me with?" 

"Homework." Hiro went through your backpack. "Okay, where's your textbook-" He stopped, and pulled out a (F/C) notebook. "What's this? Notes?"

"Don't look!" you shouted, leaping out of the chair, but Hiro already opened it. And there, on the first page, was a bunch of doodles. All containing Hiro. 

"Why is Hiro so adorable?" Hiro read, and looked up at you. He shut the notebook. "Okaaaay."

"I told you not to look," you said, your face on fire.

Hiro opened the notebook again. "Anything else about me?"

You tackled him to the ground, knocking the notebook out of his hands. You both fell to the floor, your arms and legs tangled.

"Seriously?" you said through gritted teeth. "It's called privacy."

"I dare you to not look when your crush mentions your name in a 'private' journal," Hiro protested. He stopped and looked up at you when your eyebrows furrowed. "What?" Then it was his turn to blush. "Oh."

You laughed. "Me? But I'm so. . . not-smart." You winced at the grammar fail.

"So what?" Hiro reached up and held your chin in two fingers. "You're nice, pretty, and funny. You'll have great grades soon, you'll see." He pressed his lips against yours briefly, then pulled away. "You'll always have an A in my eyes."

* * *

I'm so, so sorry for not updating recently. At least it's weekend now.

All requests must be MESSAGED from now on. I lose track of the commented ones. Thanks.

~Clover