Vol 8 Chap 256 - Intruder alert!

XH 256 - Intruder alert!

"The demon successfully possessed Liu Chu Chu's body and her whereabouts are unknown?"

Heise's face was dark and Advisor Yang lowered his head even more, when he was not the one that angered him. Even if the young Emperor was only eleven years old, he does not dare to underestimate what the Emperor would do in anger.

The 21st Emperor hardly gets angry, and the most he would do when the officials offended him was throw more sarcastic words that jab at people's liver painfully and a huge load of work at them.

"She is powerful enough to escape and can corrode anything that her black mist touches?"

Heise stared at Yu Zheng who calmly returned his gaze, unfazed. "Zhu Que's army is currently the only one that has time to search around their Kingdom for that demon, if she is there. Qiang Laohu is heading back to his Kingdom to notify the government about the danger and discuss among themselves what they would do next. Wugui Mingzhi had already prepared his Kingdom for this disaster, and will help to search for the demon."

"Only Doctor Bai and Jing Ke returned here with you. What about Third brother and Fifth sister?"

"The princess is accompanying the Third Prince in the Zhu Que Kingdom. The Third Prince is currently in a coma after severely exhausting his spiritual energy. He will wake up after his spiritual energy recovers a bit. By estimate, two to three days."

Heise sighed in relief. He had thought there would be more casualties from that battle, but fortunately, everyone survived without lasting injuries. "Thank you, Lord Yu Zheng, for your help."

"Jing Ke is the one that scared the demon off."

Heise turned to look at Advisor Yang, and the other saluted. "It is important to find the demon quickly before it reaches the gate. We have to prevent the world disaster from happening." They do not have the capability to survive if the gate opened.

"We still do not know the exact location of the gate." Heise frowned in frustration. The 19th Emperor was still investigating the whereabouts of the gate and still does not have any good news. "Heng Xin, inform the Minister of Defense to meet me immediately."

"Yes, Your Majesty!" Eunuch Heng quickly went to do as he was told.

"Advisor Yang, our men that are assigned to keep an eye on Gu Dan, are they still there?"

"Yes, they still are."

"Good. Have them continue watching them and report whatever is happening daily. If there are strange moves, have them immediately sent a word. Advisor Yang, I will have you in charge of the Gu Dan's matter."

Advisor Yang cupped his fists and bowed. "I will not fail you, Your Majesty."

"If you need more men, ask them from the Minister of Defense. I don't want to miss any important clues."

"I understand." Advisor Yang bowed and left the room.

"I shall return to Doctor Bai's side," Yu Zheng said with a brief nod.

Heise let out a loud 'tsk' as Yu Zheng did not even offer to help, but he had to let him leave. He does not have the strength or benefits to keep Yu Zheng here anyway.

"Your Majesty, Minister Tang is here!" Eunuch Heng announced with a wide smile.

"Hmm? That's hella fast," Heise commented and watched Yu Zheng leave just as Minister Tang entered.

"Greetings, Your Majesty." General Tang greeted Heise. "What do you wish for this subject to serve you?"

Heise ignored General Tang's cheesy speech and went straight to the point. "I want you to send enough soldiers to the Zhu Que Kingdom to help them, without sacrificing our Kingdom's defense. That small group will be helping out in finding Liu Chu Chu, who went missing. Be careful not to touch her black spiritual energy or their flesh will corrode. It's truly disgusting to hear that and I heard it will be very painful to chop limbs or slice a part of their flesh off. We have yet to have a solution to save the parts of the body that are corroded."