Vol 7 Chap 229- It's a crime to starve a young child

XH 229 - It's a crime to starve a young child

Without needing to ask for directions, Doctor Bai could find where the 19th Emperor was.

Eunuch Lau Liu opened the door to the study without announcing his arrival, allowing Doctor Bai in. That was how close the 19th Emperor and Bai Chuan was.

The 19th Emperor had already stood up, aware of Doctor Bai's coming from a distance away. Looking flustered, he stared at his long-time friend with stark fear. "Why had your cultivation dropped!"

With a gentle smile and calm eyes, Doctor Bai answered as if it was not a concern, "Only you, could sense my cultivation that accurately."

"Nonsense! All along, your cultivation is higher than mine!" 

Long Yuen was the strongest cultivator in the Guilin Kingdom but was a rank lower than Doctor Bai's. However, Doctor Bai's cultivation had now dropped below his!

"Did you encounter great danger?" Long Yuan questioned seriously. 

Doctor Bai shook his head. "I merely passed my cultivation to someone else."

Long Yuan's frown eased slightly and sat back down. "This tale will surprise me greatly." He waved his friend to take a seat as well.

"I came to find you because of your eldest grandson's body." Doctor Bai tried to remind Long Yuen of why he was here. 

"That can wait." Long Yuen waved it away. After all, he had more or less known what happened to Long Qian. Doctor Bai's diagnosis was just to confirm it.

Doctor Bai sighed helplessly at his friend’s sense of priority. "That person is still quite a distance away from achieving a breakthrough to the next rank, so I just helped out in return for a favor."

"How would this person be of help to you?" His friend hardly needed anyone's help.

"You know of Xiao Hua's eyes?"

Long Yuen nodded. Eunuch Lau Liu had asked around about what happened during his absence and heard about Xiao Hua's injuries. 

Because the kingdom's affairs had reached high up his neck, he did not pay much attention to other affairs, so he did not know that favorite grandson had locked up his fiancee. Even the healthy weight he gained during his years of travels mostly disappeared from this exhausting ordeal.

His stupid son created this mess yet he dared to remain dead to the world and forced his old man to clean up after him! Long Yuen had wondered if he had owed this useless son a great debt in his past life!

"This person you helped out could cure Xiao Hua's eyes?" Long Yuen asked grimly. 

When Long Zhu had told him that Bai Chuan went to pick up his thousand-year-old ginseng, he thought that ginseng would finally be cooked to feed Xiao Hua for her eyes. 

"It will be slow healing, better than only having half of her vision restored."

Due to the restriction of his character as Doctor Bai and the level of medical knowledge in this world, it was impossible for Xiao Hua's eye injury to be healed. The best he could do was to restore half of her vision.

But that was not the case for Yu Zheng, who had entered this world through the backdoor. He will not be punished by the world when he heals Xiao Hua's eyes. Until now, Bai Chuan has yet to understand how Yu Zheng would not be punished for breaking so many rules. But he would not question this fortune, yet. 

"That person is also a talented doctor?" 

"He is a better doctor than I am," Doctor Bai said truthfully. After all, everything about the medicine he had learned was actually taught by Yu Zheng.