Vol 6 Chap 180

XH 180

"You will be leaving to Eighth brother's residence?" The Third Prince glanced at the scattered snacks on the table.

Xiao Hua nodded distractedly, finalizing the choices on which snacks to give the Eighth Prince. "It's been a while since I last talked to him."

The last time she had slipped away to visit him, it was to tell him everything that Doctor Bai had told her about. This time, she planned to ask if he had managed to get permission to join the trip to Doctor Bai's land, as well as finding out more about the heroine's secret business from the author himself!

"I shall accompany you," the Third Prince said and joined her in selecting snacks.

Xiao Hua stared at the slender hand with subtle hint of strength that added in few more snacks into the pile for the Eighth Prince. "This is a bit too much, isn't it? I plan to give some to the Empress later."

Long Zhu was pleased to hear that his mother finally accepted Xiao Hua and willing to form a friendly relationship with her. "We do not know if Eighth brother will have visitors."

"We will be giving snacks to his visitors?" Xiao Hua was dissatisfied, feeling unfair to have some stranger to receive the snacks.

"Lately Eighth brother have important visitors and as his elder brother, I should help him in maintaining their good relationship."

Xiao Hua stared at the large pile of snacks and reluctantly nodded, since it was an act of goodwill on the Eighth Prince's behalf.

When Xiao Hua and the Third Prince arrived at the Eighth Prince's residence, they bumped into the Eighth Prince's important visitor, the Prince of Munzhu. The young prince happened to be leaving.

The little prince ignored Xiao Hua and only greeted the Third Prince. She did not mind it and offered her own greeting, using that opportunity to discreetly examine the child. From what Doctor Bai had hinted, she had thought about it for a long while, before deciding to take Doctor Bai's word literally.

This kid was not a prince. 

But why would the King of Munzhu let this kid pretended to be the previous ruler's prince? Xiao Hua could not think of any advantage of doing this. 

Now that she knew the kid was not a prince, his tanned and dry skin explained itself. But it might also be due to mistreatment for borrowing the identity of the scorned previous ruler's son.

"This prince just happens to have brought extra snacks. An Jing, give some to Prince Nu Li to enjoy."

An Jing, who had prepared well by separating the snacks into a few bags, handed a smaller bag to Prince Nu Li's maid. 

"Many thanks, Prince Long Zhu. I have yet to find an opportunity to try out some Guilin's snacks."

"Munzhu has different snacks from Guilin, this prince hopes you will enjoy Guilin's taste."

After few lines of pleasantries, Prince Nu Li excused himself quickly and left. A young servant quickly greeted them and lead them into the Eighth Prince's compound.

Duke Heng was in a room with the Eighth Prince, playing a disastrous chess game thanks to the Eight Prince's 'mental illness'. It was a surprise that Duke Heng would even accompany his nephew to play chess. It showed how much Duke Heng adored this only nephew of his that he would often visit and play with him.

But only Xiao Hua knew how miserable Heise was to pretend to be stupid.

Duke Heng stood up and saluted the Third Prince. "Greetings, Third Prince."