Vol 8 Chap 247 - Why are you so weak

A/N: Second and last replacement chapter!

XH 247 - Why are you so weak

"What happened to Ming Yue then?"

"I let her choose one among the three choices to pick as her punishment."

During that meeting, Heise was being vague about what to do about her and how Ming Yue tries to sell her pitiful white lotus act. Finally, he told Ming Yue to return to the palace the next morning, at the time for morning court.

The ambitious Ming Yue had her imagination fly so far away that Heise did not bother enlightening her. It was her last day to enjoy her single dog life after all.

Sending the willing Ming Yue to stay a night at Prince Heng's residence was for the purpose of keeping an eye on her if she planned to escape. She had not sent any secret messages out, so this scheme was likely to be planned by herself or that she was confident of her success. The fox had not suspected anything, not even when Heise introduced her to the officials.

Ming Yue foolishly believed the young Emperor had believed her lies and planned to introduce her as the Third Prince's true love to everyone. Once the announcement was made, it would be hard for the Third Prince to explain the truth!

She inwardly ridiculed the naive Fourth Prince and the 21st Emperor, and even found it a waste for not targeting the Emperor if she had known how easy he was! The 21st Emperor was much younger than her taste, but his looks were not too bad, and his naivete would be easier for her to wrap him around her fingers.

Flashing a smile that every official learned to be wary of, Heise happily instructed everyone not to believe a word that came from Ming Yue's mouth. He even joyfully proceeds to introduce her as a liar that dared to dream big and targets the royal family with her malicious scheme. Everyone understood their young Emperor plans to use the young lady as a lesson to everyone that dared to dream big.

Ming Yue does not even have the chance to say anything!

Heise 'kindly' told her he will forgive her crimes and benevolently allow her to choose one of the three options for her punishment. If she does not choose any, Heise will help her choose.

The first choice was to enter the Bin household, either married to the Minister of Revenue, Minister Bin, or to his son-in-law.

The second choice was to enter the most famous brothel and serve the customers well with her talents.

The third choice was to enter the Qiao household, as the new wife of Official Qiao.

It could be said Ming Yue was truly knowledgeable on who was who in the Guilin Kingdom. She had naturally rejected the second and third choices.

The third choice, Official Qiao, was a sixty-year-old man, with plenty of deceased wives that do not have the fortune to bore him any children to full term. But he has plenty of mistresses he unleashed his own brand of torture on.

The only positive choice was the first, but Minister Bin was in his early fifties, with a powerful wife that disliked her husband's concubines the most! Ming Yue would obviously choose Minister Bin's son-in-law, Xu Ming, as her husband!

"Why those... choices?" Xiao Hua was bewildered. "Why not just blacklist her from the Kingdom?"

With a sly grin, Heise answered, "Minister Bin and Official Qiao had been kind to me, always offering me advice with endless patience. How can I not repay my beloved officials' kindness? And with that loli's medical knowledge, it would be too dangerous if she falls into our enemy's hand."

Like a certain Gu Dan country.

Facing Heise's sly grin, Xiao Hua was not afraid of it unlike the tortured beloved officials back in the court. But she was a bit unsettled by how easy it was for Heise to decide in ruining a young girl's future.