Vol 7 Chap 232 - Get your ears clean, daddy

XH 232 - Get your ears clean, daddy

The night had come and Long Zhu was still not back yet. When the dinner meal arrived, carried by Tian Zi and Tian Chi, Xiao Hua used this opportunity to ask them some questions.

"Do you know where XiYing is?"

Before a blind person, one tends to be less guarded in hiding their true emotions. Tian Zi and Tian Chi expressed panic on their face, before forcing themselves to be calm. 

Tian Zi spoke with a calm voice. "Lady Duan is not available currently, unable to serve Sister Xiao Hua. It may take a few days for Lady Duan to finish her duties."

"... XiYing got badly hurt?" Xiao Hua may have suffered a breakdown at that time, but she could mildly hear Duan XiYing was doing her best to save her. She had not confirmed it was real, but Tian Zi's reply confirmed it.

The Third Prince has punished Duan XiYing for letting Xiao Hua meet with the hero.

"Sister Xiao Hua, please do not think too much about this. Lady Duan will return to your side once she is able to."

Since Tian Zi did not wish to tell her, Xiao Hua could only let it go. Besides, she does not know if she truly wanted to hear Duan XiYing's punishment. 

Xiao Hua can only reassure herself that since Da Bei was fine, Duan XiYing will be too. 

Pulling out a bottle of medicine from her bracelet, she placed it on the table. "Is this the bottle of medicine I've gotten from Duke Heng? A white bottle with pretty green bamboo?"

Although she relied on imagination and memory to pull things out from the spatial storage, Xiao Hua was not confident if she had taken out the right item. 

"Yes, you've gotten the right one," Tian Zi confirmed and guessed that this bottle of medicine would be given to Duan XiYing.

Sure enough, Xiao Hua requested, "Sister Tian Zi, can you give this to XiYing?"

Duke Heng had said this medicine was high quality, able to boost the body's healing capacity, where even a stab wound could be cured. Xiao Hua had not tried this medicine before, and would have continued on forgetting about it's existence if not for worrying over the injured Duan XiYing.

"I will be sure to pass it to Lady Duan. She will be happy to know Sister Xiao Hua cares for her deeply," Tian Zi promised. She did not try to deny that Duan XiYing was injured anymore, as Xiao Hua already knew.

The atmosphere was depressing, and Tian Chi wanted to change it, hence her abrupt reveal. "Doctor Shen's funeral will be in two days. The family of the deceased had sent Sister Xiao Hua an invitation to pay respect."

Tian Zi stared in reproach at the girl she had treated like her real sister. She understood Tian Chi wanted to stop Xiao Hua from continuing on asking about Duan XiYing, but the new subject was as depressing as the one before!

As expected, Xiao Hua gave off a gloomy and depressed air. She has given her report on what happened during the fight with that green eyed man, including how Doctor Shen had met his demise. But she does not know what happened after she fainted from the burning in her eyes and was told it was thanks to the snow wolf that bitten off the green eyed man's neck.

Xiao Hua was glad she did not get to witness that bloody scene that would sure supply new ideas for her nightmare.

Doctor Bai had successfully removed the poison from destroying Doctor Shen's body even further. Along with Xiao Hua's report, the funeral was able to be arranged without a long delay.

Tian Zi dragged Tian Chi away, leaving the silent Xiao Hua and Doctor Bai to enjoy their dinner. Da Bei gets to eat a large piece of half cooked meat on a large plate placed on a chair, at the height comfortable for him to enjoy his dinner.