Vol 8 Chap 276 - Overbearing and perfectionist CEO

XH 276 - Overbearing and perfectionist CEO

It has to be said that under the Emperor's watchful gaze, no one dared to slack off, trying to look as if they were working hard.

However, in addition to the presence of Empress Dowager, Princess Long Lian, and the Third Princess Consort, no one dared to even slack off for a second.

The servants' productive rate exceeds a hundred percent, moving around quickly. There were a few servants that dared not to have their masters' mood to go sour by dutifully wiping their sweat covered face, neck, and wrists.

What happened to the princess and Empress Dowager's maidservants?

Tang Mei, Long Lian's personal servant, was loaned away to help out with other teams. As for the Empress Dowager's inner maids, each of them had a decent affinity with water and earth elements, so they were helping out with the architecture.

The mother and daughter only needed to keep boiling the flowing water to a certain degree so their maidservants were relieved to step away from their masters.

Xiao Hua silently looked away, restraining herself from ordering those servants to help out with the water scooping and transporting. It was not her place to speak, and she was also worried about Empress Dowager and Long Lian working under the intense heat in a stuffy bathroom.

The heat made Xiao Hua sweat a bucket, but she could endure it. She was used to helping Doctor Bai brew something under a high degree of heat for a long time inside the self-made lab.

Fortunately, Xiao Hua was spared from the sweat wiping service, for no one dared to approach her under Duan XiYing and Da Bei's piercing stare. Duan XiYing would have immediately helped Xiao Hua to wipe her sweat if she allowed it.

But there would always be one unique servant that dared to step onto a landmine.

"Your Highness, perhaps this servant could be your extra hand and legs to scatter the precious herbs?" The brave maidservant curtsied, looking cute and obedient. Her eyes accurately expressed her earnest desire to ease Xiao Hua's burden.

"No need. Please help out with the lifting. They are having more trouble than I do." Scattering tea leaves was not a difficult task and she only needed to toss at an area and let the boiling water spread the tea around.

"That maid, drag her out!" Heise thundered as he pointed at the maidservant that had spoken to Xiao Hua.

Like an overbearing and perfectionist CEO, Heise had been moving around, ordering the servants to lift the excess tea leaves and dirt from the bottom of the pool after the earth user made additional larger holes for more water flow.

But Heise was actually worrying about the servants getting tired, for their limbs were moving slower and slower. There were even more sloppy mistakes occurring from their weariness.

Giving them a cup of Xiao Hua's tea to drink would certainly fix everything, but it would also invite malicious intention from greedy parties. He had already received reports that some commoners were trying to steal Xiao Hua's tea when it was distributed to the infected.

This already happened when the tea was only known to be purifying the demonic energy, what will happen if they know the tea was beneficial to their body?

There would be bloodshed in the name of greed and survival.

That was why his ears immediately picked up the conversation of the brave maid asking for Xiao Hua's job.

The bold maid quickly dropped to her knees and begged. "Your Majesty, please forgive this servant!" She do not even know what she had done to make the Emperor angry!