Four// We Were Just Pretending

{Harry's POV}

This morning was a bit more weird than normal. When I woke up this morning my mind immediately went back to yesterday as Louis and I were giving each other playful death glares while playing Truth or Dare on our way home. Honestly I'm not even sure if this is true, but I could've sworn I felt my heart rate sped up. It's probably just nothing right? .... Right!?
Brushing yesterday off my mind, I got got out of bed and got ready for the upcoming day. Today was finally Friday so I decided to put some effort in my appearance (and maybe trying to impress Louis a long the way too). I slipped into a pair of white skinnies, a navy blue v-neck and my grey converse high tops. I grabbed my school bag and made my way down the stairs.

This morning I was greeted by my moms welcoming smile. "Good morning Harry, how did you sleep last night?" She asks while setting down a plate of toast in front of me.
"Morning mom, I slept good. How about you?" I ask taking a bit of my breakfast.
"I slept good. Anyway I won't be home till late tonight. My boss needs me to work a double shift tonight, so I left you some money for you to order take out. Also I won't be here to embarrass you in front of your friends tonight so be thankful." She teases, pointing at me and raising her brows.

I laugh as I finish off my breakfast giving my mom a hug before heading off to school.
*~*~*~*
When I arrive at school I see Louis trying to push away some brunette chick who looked like was a part of the cheerleading squad. I think I re - called her name was Eleanor, the same girl Louis has had a crush on since the ending of last year. Weird. I brushed it off and continued walking towards him.
"Hey Lou! Ready to head inside?" I beamed at him as I put my arm around his shoulders.
"Yes!" He explained eagerly.

I couldn't help but laugh at how childish he was acting, the next thing I knew he placed his hand around my ear to whisper something. "Please... you gotta get me away from her, SHE'S CRAZY!!" He leaned to where he was standing before giving her and awkward smile. I knew he was uncomfortable, which meant I knew I had to think fast. "So babe, you ready?" I ask again getting into character. Both of the two gave me shocked looks. Mostly Eleanor looking more shocked than Louis, he gave me more a questioning look. I got on my phone and sent him a quick text telling him to just go with it.

Once he took a glance at it he beamed at me getting into character. " Sure sweet cheeks! Let's go!"
"Hold on!" Eleanor explained confused "You two are together?"
"Yep!" We say in a union, to add on to the act I pecked Louis on the cheek as was still smiling.
"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know you were..." she trailed off not being able to find the right words. Thankfully without her noticing, we managed to walk away as fast as possible. Once we got into the school that's when we both lost it laughing like there was no tomorrow.
*~*~*~*
{Louis's POV}

I can't believe that actually worked! The look on her face was priceless!
"Okay that was too funny!" I explained once our laugher has dialed down.
"I know right! She had no clue what was going on or what to say!" Harry responded still chuckling a little.
"Wait, why did you want to get away from Eleanor? I thought you liked her?" Harry questions
"Eh. After awhile feelings just seem to fade away... and maybe I might like someone else a bit more." I said that last part under my breath to make sure he didn't hear.

He gave a reasonable look knowing where I was coming from. "By the way... like what you did with your style this morning. Very different from your usual." I committed. I look over to see his face turn slightly red. "Oh, thanks." He responds sound a little uncomfortable. I gotta be honest, I never truly realized how adorable he looked when he got embarrassed or something. I took a step back to realize what I just thought and brushed off that image in my head continuing walk down the very long hallway.
*~*~*~*
{Harry's POV}
6th period.

Finally it's my last period of the day. And it's even better since it's music class and that Niall and Louis are in the same class so that makes it even more fun.
" okay class today we are going to team up into groups of four and preform a song of your choice to the class. The project isn't due until Wednesday next week, which means you'll have all weekend and half next week to work on it." Our teacher announces by the end of class. Once the final bell of the day rang the entire class basically sprinted out of the room, as for Louis, Niall, and I we all took our time.
"So, where did we say we were going to meet Liam and Zayn again?" Niall asked looking a little puzzled
"Just outside the front doors where we always enter in the morning." I simply responded.

The three of us exit the room making our way down the hall. " Hey Harry!" I heard a voice call out from behind. Niall, Louis, and I all turned our tracks to meet eyes with a blond girl.
"Hi Taylor." I mumbled, dammit not now! I look over to Louis with pleading eyes, he nodded in understandmeant. To break the awkward silence Louis spoke up, "Oh Taylor I didn't know you knew my boyfriend Harry." He asked pretending to be surprised. Suddenly Taylor's flirty smile turned to more shocked and embarrassed. "Oh well.. uhh...had no idea that you..." she trailed off trying to find the right words to say.
"Yeah I am. And in a very happy relationship." I reasoned looking up a Louis smiling to add more of the effect. The three of us turn back around exit the school. Once we're out of site Niall speaks up.
"I didn't know you two were  together! Why didn't you tell me?"
"Because we're not." I stated Louis nodded his head along.
"But what about what happened back there?" Niall asked.
"We were pretending so then she would leave Harry alone. It happened agin this morning when I was trying to get away from Eleanor." Louis answered Niall nodded understandably.
"Wait I thought you liked her though."
"Not anymore."
"Oh. Well if I'm being completely honest, I think you two would make a cute couple." Niall said with a smirk. Shit Niall! Really!? I thought to myself as I felt my cheeks begin to heat up.
———————
I'm so sorry that it took me so long to update I've been really with a lot stuff it slipped my my mind. But i hoped you enjoyed this chapter. :*

Let me Adore youOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara