⤷ thirteen

Rachel had vanished from the chapel, gone with the explosion

Rachel had vanished from the chapel, gone with the explosion. A giant crater had been left by the left-wing, hints of ashes and smoke lingering in the air. They had tried fetching information from the Sisters, but all they got was nonsense spoken by those believers. The Mother had been the reason why they had rushed out of that place. She yelled about the world's doom, now that the teenager had escaped their grasp; that their attempts to protect her and those around had failed.

Other than the devoted cries, the trio had sped away from there empty-handed. The police were no good either, as both women had expected. Dick had had the great idea of storming inside the precinct, flash his shiny badge, and shake out anything that would help them find their girl. He returned with senseless words like green tiger, drunk, scotch, shot himself, and surprisingly, they formed a whole crazy story.

For some reason, the first time they had lost Rachel, it had been way easier to track her down, even across the many States.

Giving in to a hunch that raised from their hopeless feelings, Robin sat upright on the backseat ―where she was forced to go since her body was the smallest― and gave a small suggestion. An idea for them to take into consideration. "No," had been Dick's initial response. "Absolutely not. We could be wasting our time over here. I say we go visit this man."

"It worked before, remember?" She leaned into his seat, speaking unnecessarily loud in his ear. He grunted, recalling following her instincts back in Detroit, but then again, it did not seem Supernatural as she affirmed. Yes, he knew she had powers, but not like these. "You're trusting a drunk guy, supposedly saw Rache and a green tiger, I shall remind, over me? You're unbelievable, Grayson."

He angrily tapped his thumb against the wheel, listening to her opinion on their approach. His other digits traveled around the ignition key, waiting to start the car once they decided what to do. "All I'm saying is, we can give him a chance, hear his whole story."

"Sure, let's give some stranger a chance to prove himself. Why trust our fellow friends?" She threw her arms in the air, adding drama to their argument. Artemisia leaned back, sighing loud enough for him to hear. He copied her actions, sharing her exact thoughts.

"Kory?"

In unison, the pair turned to the black woman, wishing to hear her opinion on the matter. She sighed, running a hand through the front of her hair, "I can't believe I'm being dragged into this," their desperate glares pushed her to give an immediate answer, making her choose between black and white, forbidding a third option. "Just do both. Hear his story and follow Robin's instincts."

"Fine, I'll start now," she reached for the door handle, attempting to pull it open, but with every try came resistance from the lock. Her ears caught the work behind the leather panel. Furious, she snapped, "Dick, stop closing my fucking door."

He let out a heavy breath, stopping yet another attempt to break free from the car. "I can't do that. You're not going away alone," his words meant nothing to her, she knew he still denied to follow her path, he strived to convince her to stay, do things his way. "We cannot do this without each other."