⤿ thirty-one

Hank walked over Dick in silence

Hank walked over Dick in silence. His face was blank, contributing no indication of what he would do next. Was he going to hug him for opening up? Kill him for keeping the secret? Maybe break down and blame everything on Dick, his entire five-year-old shit of life because of a mistake Dick had done.

The built man rushed his lasts steps, towering over Dick, who didn't dare to look at him, at any of them. Hank smashed his fist into his face, turning his head with the force. Dick stumbled away, startled. "Lying sack of shit!"

Dawn dragged her boyfriend away, pacifying him. She did not endorse Dick, only hoped to prevent the unnecessary fight. It was crystal-clear they did not agree with the lie that had harmed everyone in the room. Dick had said so himself: he lied to the new Titans because he was afraid they'd leave; the original Titans received a half-truth because he felt guilty for the kid's sacrifice.

A fucking kid had died. And Dick lied about it. Deathstroke nearly returned the favor with Jason because of that and they didn't know. They had been seeing things in black and white, Slade Wilson was evil and they were the good guys. Really, it was grey on both sides. The original and new Titans weren't perfect.

'Weren't' because it was explicit they all wanted out, no matter what team they formed. No one had done it yet, expecting for the bravest to stand up and walk away first.

"My brother's dead because of you," Rose seethed from her spot. Their attention turned to her, the girl who lived under the same roof as Jericho's cause of death. "I'm out."

And with that, it began. Jason stood from his chair and declared he was deserting with Rose. Dick tried to make him reason, it was one thing if Rose left, but Jason was part of the team. "You don't decide what I do anymore. What anyone does."

As the teens left to gather their belongings, Dawn and Hank stepped away from the group with determined faces. They had decided to leave, too, though they hadn't voiced it. Dianna gulped at the sight. Four people were out─ five.

Donna got to her feet. "I'm out, too."

How easy would it be to jump down the counter and leave? Well, that was actually the easiest part. Dianna couldn't leave. She was a nobody past these walls. A memory. A ghost. Her friends were leaving and she feared being left alone. What purpose was out there, for her, other than playing hero?

Rachel asked Donna if she could tag along. The woman agreed and they followed the beeline towards the bedrooms. Shit. Dianna wanted to call after them, somehow persuade them to stay, but she recognized their decision.

"Kind of messed up, Dick," Gar chocked out from beside her. She almost reached out to him, ordering him to stay. He couldn't leave her. Not her first friend. But the green-haired teen stayed sat down, also aching as everyone else left. Call her selfish, but Dianna was glad he was staying, no matter his reason.