⤿ thirty-three

⚠️ LET'S KEEP THE COMMENTS S3 SPOILER-FREE ⚠️

Walking away from the boy had not been a bright idea. Dianna hadn't felt great since they'd retreated to the apartment. She regretted her actions but feared it had been too late. The news had told her otherwise: Conner still hadn't been found. But Cadmus. . . "If they caught him we would've known. Conner wouldn't go down without a fight. You know that," Gar had reassured her, and himself, too.

"We need to find him before anyone else does," Dianna had insisted after some minutes. She couldn't help but glance at the darkening sky, hands trembling as she turned to face her friend.

Gar grabbed his head, trying to think of a solution. "It's a big city."

The security system alerted them yet again that someone was at the door. Dianna groaned. If it was Marge, it would ruin their entire rescue mission. She looked at the camera where Krypto was jumping into sight, bopping the doorbell with his snoop.

She glanced at Gar with a grin. There was their plan. They dropped everything and went to the elevator. When the doors opened, they rushed past the main entrance, looking around for the dog. Krypto jumped against her leg, letting them know he was still there.

"Hey, buddy, think you can guide us to Conner?" Dianna asked him as she scratched his fur. Krypto barked his response ( they assumed it was a yes ) and took off. The pair ran after him, trusting his instincts to find Conner.

They crossed many streets at full speed, yelling apologies as they bumped into people, ran in between cars, and nearly threw a fruit stand in a marketplace. The owner yelled at them, making Dianna turn and gather the few bananas that fell, handing them over with more apologies.

"Great. Dumbest dog ever." She heard Conner grumble somewhere among the crowd. She found him by spotting Gar's bright hair. She walked up to them, arms crossing over her chest. Conner glared at them. "Stay away from me."

"No, we won't," Dianna argued, untangling her arms and changing stances, hands on her hips. "We all messed up, all's forgiven, but we have to head back to the Tower and wait for Bruce to tell us what to do."

He paid her no attention, walking away. They went after him, more determined than seconds ago. "What the hell happened, Conner?"

"When you invited me to be a Titan, I told you what I was," Conner answered as he turned to face the boy. The height difference between them finally hit Gar, who took a step back. "But you didn't listen 'cause that's not what you wanted to hear. I'm not perfect like you wanted me to be."

Gar stepped in his way, stopping Conner from going any further. Neither of them knew the streets enough to wander about. "You're right. We─ I didn't listen. Being a Titan isn't about being perfect."

"No one wants you to be perfect," Dianna backed. If one were to take a closer look at the Titans ( just one-millimeter closer ) they would see of their flaws and problems, especially now, that the truth was out. It had unmasked everyone.