⤷ four

Robin's eyes had seen this room before but had never been in a police department before

Robin's eyes had seen this room before but had never been in a police department before. She had seen it through someone's memories. But from another perspective, not sitting down, but standing on the other side of the table. So many people she had touched and experienced a part of their life, that she barely had recognition of where it came, whose was it. Even if she had seen it half an hour ago, when she had been rescued by the vigilante, also named Robin.

A Detective walked into the room, wearing a plain white shirt and a striped tie around his neck. Her eyes narrowed at the pattern of the fabric, swearing that she had seen it before. But then again, millions of ties exist around the world, at least two can be the same.

She looked away, pushing the thought back, she now needed to act a bit shocked over the recent event, leave a declaration and walk out, knowing that the family wouldn't go to prison due to the vigilante that stepped over their rights. It was something all vigilantes knew by now, minor crimes never got a sentence when they got involved.

No matter how much you helped to keep the city safe, to the men of law, you were always an enemy. Except when they need you.

"Hi," the man said with a warm voice, slowly approaching the helpless-looking girl, "I'm Detective Grayson, I was assigned to your case to take in your declaration and provide you any help."

He held out his hand - in between blinks, she found herself back in the dark alley, Robin standing before her with his hand out. She smiled and shook his hand, feeling another wave of emotion, one too strong for the being inside of her to not take a peek at. So, for the second time in the night, Hellcat became curious and got inside another person's mind.

She stood in the darkness, hearing the chanting of people, their laughs. Excitement grew in her stomach as two sets of lights turned on, one pointing her way and the other towards two people. She jumped off the platform, her hands grasping a metal bar. One hand let go, reaching out for the woman in front of her, who had done a similar trick. This was routinary, so she feared nothing.

Instead of growing closer, their hands were each second apart, she was going back and the woman fell. Their eyes met, terror flooding the woman's orbs, knowing what's to come. She kept on going back, until her back laid in a comfortable mattress.

She was now in a fancy bedroom, one only the rich could have. Her eyes moved to the window as a man walked in, the view was beautiful, she could see the city behind the trees' silhouettes. "I believe you are ready to go out, Dick, you have learned enough."

"I don't wanna go to some pointless mission. I want to bring justice to my parents! They were murdered, Bruce."

The man sat beside her in the bed, his cold stare didn't match with the motivational words that left his thin lips. "One mission at a time, Dick. You help me out there, I help you solve this mystery that is bothering you. I need you out there, Richard. Batman does."