Chapter 11

I woke up to the sound of the door opening. It was Rose.

"Sorry," she said,"I had to use the bathroom."

"It's fine." Something flew from Rose's pack and landed in front of the bed. It was a Pokeball. Forest popped out and he was glowing. He slowly started to grow and turned into a Grovyle.

"Wow," said Rose.

"Amazing," I said. I couldn't believe we already had another evolution. I got up and put on some jeans and a t-shirt. It was 8:00.

"How are we going to get to Slateport?" Asked Rose.

"No idea," I said. We ate and then left the center. We walked to the edge of town and stared out at the ocean. Slateport City was to the east. We got to the dock and saw none other than Mr. Briney.

"Need a lift?" He asked.

"Yes sir," I said. We got on the boat and he took us to the next city. We got there and it was all beach.

"Walk north," he said,"the city is that way."

We thanked him and left. We fought lots of trainers on the beach and trained up even more. We finally hit the stairs to the next city. Slateport. We got to the center, handed Joy our Pokemon, went up to room 2 and opened it. There was a bed, a TV, and a bathroom.

"Thank God," I said.

"Yeah," said Rose. It was 9:00. We took a nap and woke up at 11.

I sat up off the floor and started toying with my watch and found the map feature. Rose was watching the news. I looked at the map of Slateport City and it turns out that there was no gym there.

"Hey there's no gym in this town," I told her.

She frowned. "Dang. I wanted to show up Forest against a good trainer."

"Yeah. Speaking of Forest we should go grab our pokemon." We left room 2 and went down to the lobby. Joy handed us 4 pokeballs and we got some lunch at the cafeteria. We both left the center when we were done eating so we could explore.

We walked the streets and there was a cool breeze coming from the ocean. There was a big port and a shipyard. There was also an oceanic museum. We walked there and checked it out. It was a fifty dollar entry. We paid and walked in. The place had models of ships like the S.S. Anne and many others. We walked upstairs and we saw people in blue uniforms talking around a table. Team Aqua. I quickly grabbed Rose and pulled her behind a wall with me. We listened to them.

"So tonight we ambush there room?"

"That's right."

"Don't you think they'll be too powerful for us?"

"Possibly. But we can't assume we will lose before we start. Tonight they die. They won't ruin our plans."

Rose looked at me with fearful eyes. We quickly got down the stairs. It was about 4.

"What do we do?" She asked.

"We ambush them. When they leave the museum tonight we get them from behind."

"Brilliant," Rose said.

We ran across town to our room and quickly gathered our things. We packed up everything and sat down. We assumed they weren't coming until dusk which was at around 8. We had some time to rest. We both showered and ate. At 6 we went to the beach and hung out despite our nervousness. When the sun started to set we ran to the museum.

We hid behind some large trimmed bushes across the street from the museum. We got out all four of our Pokemon. About ten minutes later team Aqua started to come out. There were 7 of them.

"Go, Rocky," I said. Rocky quietly flew up and swooped down taking out the legs of the man walking behind the rest.

6 left. They were walking continuously without noticing their fallen comrade. "Go Willow," Rose said.

Willow ran faster than I'd ever seen him run and tackled one of the Aquas. The rest of them turned and we ran out from behind the bushes. The five all sent out their pokemon. There was about 10 pokemon to deal with. Rose and I lined up with out four pokemon behind us.

"Go!" One man yelled from the Aquas. All ten pokemon charged at us. There were Poochyena and Zigzagoons. There were also some Carvahnas. They charged at us. Skyskater and Rocky attacked five with some aerial attacks. Willow and Forest whipped vines at the rest making them fall down in defeat.

The five trainers stared at us in horror. They looked at each other and ran away toward the beach leaving their pokemon. Rose hugged me.

"Great job," she said.

"Thanks. You too." I said.

We started walking to the center. As we did one man opened the window of his house and started clapping for us. Soon another person did the same. Then eventually the whole town was clapping. Some coming to shake our hands. It was awesome.

When we got to the center we went up to our room. I sat on the floor. We looked out the window until everyone stopped clapping. When the town was quiet again we shut our drapes and windows. We turned on the TV as we prepared for bed. Rose tossed me a blanket and pillow from the bed. The TV was already reporting about what just happened.

There was film of us walking back to the center. I guess we were the center of attention. Rose took off her shirt and looked at me. She smiled. "Goodnight, Skye." She said.

"Goodnight, Rose."