Chapter 10

We walked onto the boat and the man started it. We headed south. We sat in the commander's room with him.

"Excuse me sir-"

"Briney. Call me Mr. Briney."

"Ok. Mr. Briney, why are you helping us?" Rose asked.

"I know who you two are."

I chuckled, "who doesn't?" I said.

"You two need to read that prophecy. It will help you understand who you are."

"What if we don't want to be what the prophecy says?" I asked.

"Then this entire region will be wiped out. If Magma and Aqua can succeed in their mission we will all be dead."

"Why are they doing that?"

"They want to rule the world. Gotta start somewhere. They're gonna try to take out our region first. You're the only ones who can stop them."

"Why us?"

"There's a special trait that some trainers have. It's very rare. A few gym leaders have it."

"What is it?"

"What's your name, son?"

"Skye."

"And you command what type?"

"Flying..."

"And Rose?"

"Grass," she muttered.

"So Roxanne?" I asked,"Rocksanne?"

"Exactly," said Mr. Britney, "look at that. We're here." We stepped out on the deck and watched as we pulled up to a dock on the town. We got off and thanked Mr. Briney. He got in his boat and left. It was 9:30. We checked in at the center at went up to room 9 the last room.

"Small center," Rose commented.

"Yeah it is," I said.

We walked in and we gasped. A twin bed, a tiny TV and a bathtub and sink right out in the open.

"Yikes," said Rose, "I think I'll bathe in the ocean."

"Good luck with that." I said,"you take the bed."

"Skye..."

"Rose just please take the bed. I want you to be happy."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want you to be sad. Cuz if you're sad, then I'm sad and it's just a big mess."

"Thanks, Skye. You are more of a gentle man then my last boyfriend."

We unpacked.

"Gym time?" I asked.

"Let's do this." She said. Skyskater and Nuzleaf were both level 19 and Forest and Rocky were level 16. We talked to Nurse Joy on the way out.

"Why are these rooms so bad?" I asked,"we don't even have a toilet."

"I'm sorry you two. But it only gets worse. There's a few public toilets down the hall. Good luck."

We left and headed for the gym. We walked in and found the gym leader alone in the ring with a crowd around it. We asked for a challenge and we were let into the ring.

Brawly, the leader, told us that only four pokemon were allowed. Lucky for us we only had four. "Battle!" Someone yelled.

Brawly threw out a Machop and a Meditite. We threw out Rocky and Willow.