Chapter 3

I arrived to Professor Birch's house. It was just down the street from the lab. I had Skyskater in her Pokeball. We walked in and found a quaint house. The kitchen and living area were both visible and there were stairs and a door going to a different room.

"You two will be sleeping together upstairs. It is a one room loft," said Birch.

"One room?" said Rose.

"Get used to it. When on a journey pokemon centers have limited rooms and rest houses often have a few rooms. Don't worry you two will be nice and cozy."

We walked upstairs together while Birch walked into the other room. There was one twin bed. "I'll sleep on the ground," I said. I wanted to make a good impression. There were a few pokedolls on the floor. It was nice. Besides the fact that we were sharing a room. "So where are you from?" I asked Rose.

"Lilycove City" she said.

"I've heard of that. Is it as beautiful as they say it is?" I asked her.

"Beyond that. It's amazing."

"Wow... So what pokemon do you have?"

"I'm very lucky. I got a grass type. My favorite type!"

"Cool!"

She took a Pokeball out of her bag and opened it. Out came a Seedot. It smiled and ran around cheerfully. Rose's face lit up. "His name is Willow," Rose said. Willow ran to Rose's arms.

"He's so cute. He becomes insane when he evolves though. I've taken care of his evolved form at the day care before and-"

"You work at the day care?!"

"Yeah it's awesome. It's just me and the boss who is awesome and another worker. It's super fun."

"Wow"

"Dinner!" Professor Birch called.

We went downstairs and saw the meal of spaghetti on two plates. There was also a small bowl on the ground with a few blue items in it. "Where's Willow and Skyskater? I have their food for them," said Professor Birch.

I ran upstairs and I grabbed the pokeballs for Willow and Skyskater. I let them out downstairs and they seemed to like playing with each other. Skyskater picked up Willow and brought him to the food bowl. "Looks like they like each other," I said to Rose.

"Yeah that's really good," she said. We ate our meal and then we went back upstairs to sleep. We decided to let Willow and Skyskater sleep outside their pokeball. Rose started to take her shirt off.

"Woah what are you doing?!" I exclaimed.

"Look Skye. We have to get used to it. So we need to get used to us changing so why not start now?"

"Ok..." We both changed into new underwear which was a little awkward and then we got into pajamas. I didn't look while she was changing. "You nervous for tomorrow?" I asked her.

She chuckled,"Who wouldn't be?"

"Good point. Good night Rose. I'm glad we're working together." She leaned up on her elbow. I could just barely see her face in the moonlight. She looked beautiful. She smiled. "Me too."

I woke up in the morning to Skyskater lightly pecking my head. She then went to peck Rose. "Skyskater!" I whisper-yelled, "don't peck her." She looked at me and slowly pecked Rose. Rose slowly lifted her head. I heard footsteps coming upstairs.

"Rise and shine kids!" yelled Professor Birch, "you guys leave in half an hour. Thanks for waking them up Skyskater." Birch held out a treat and she took it. "The bathroom is in the room next to the living area. I suggest you both shower," said Birch. He went back downstairs.

"Want to go first?" I asked Rose.

"Sure," she said. She gathered up a handful of clothes and went downstairs while I played with Willow and Skyskater. Rose came back ten minutes later dressed in a red t-shirt and black shorts. Appropriate for July. I went and showered and I put on a blue shirt and jeans. We are a breakfast of eggs and we were finally ready to leave.

As we stepped outside I got a little scared. "You will be perfectly fine," said Professor Birch, "but just to let you know. No one except for one that I have sent out has made it past the 4th gym. Go make me proud."

"Yes sir. Thank you," I said. Rose thanked him and we walked through the the town together. We walked through the few houses and saw the road that lead out of the town.

"Ready?" Rose asked.

"Yeah," I said. She grabbed my hand. I looked at her. "I'm nervous ok?" She said. I nodded and we walked into the route together.