Chapter 20

We walked across the treetops until we saw the next gym. We ran to the door and saw the battle style. It was like nothing we'd ever seen before. People were fighting up on a high ropes course. Winona was walking around on a beam in the air very steadily. The course was a bunch of wobbly beams and vines.

I brought out Rocky and Rose sent out Razor and we flew up to the course for the battle. Winona leaned back on a piece of wood.

"I've been waiting for you two," she said. "Let's begin." She threw out a Swablu and her own Pelipper. We used Rocky and Razor. Razor used lead blade on Pelipper which did good damage. Rocky took out Swablu with one rock throw.

The Pelipper used Aerial Ace against Razor. Another Swablu was sent out and the process repeated. This time the leaf blade took down Pelipper and the rock throw took out Swablu. She sent out her last two pokemon. A Skarmory and an Altaria.

Rocky used rock throw on Altaria and a leaf blade hit Skarmory. Both were still standing. Skarmory hit and took down Razor. Altaria hit Rocky pretty hard but he was still good. Rose couldn't use any more pokemon because they couldn't fly.

I threw Rose a Pokeball and she sent out Blade. Rocky hit Altaria with a rock throw and a slash from Blade made Altaria faint. Just Skarmory was left. Skarmory used metal claw and took out Rocky. I threw out Skyskater. She used a surf which made Skarmory fall a bit and a slash from Blade finished it.

We were awarded a feather badge and we left. It was 11:00 so we went back to the center to eat and then rest. We woke up around 2 and went to explore the city. There was many nice treetop restaurants and shops. A very nice town. At 4 we headed back to the center and helped out the lady who was caring for the pokemon.

When it became dark we went upstairs. Rose showered and then I did. We both fell asleep. In the middle of the night Rose woke up screaming.

"Skye?"

"What's going on?"

"I had a bad dream. We were running through the woods and there was a large thing on one side burning everything and a large thing on the other side flooding everything. You got caught in the fire and I lost you."

"I'm right here," I said.

"Will you come sleep with me?" I got up and went to the bed. It was weird because we were both in our underwear. I got under the blankets and put an arm around Rose. She put her head on my chest and she was still shaking.

I brought her head back up and kissed her.

"It's okay, Rose," I said. She kissed me back.

"Thank you," she said. She fell asleep in my arms.