Chapter 14

We left the town north and walked for about an hour. As we were walking we heard a voice.

"So the chosen ones are here!" It said. We turned but saw no person. "Up here," said the voice. We looked up and there was a boy our age in a tree. He had short blond hair and was pretty tall. He hopped down. "Care for a battle? I've beaten the region champion last year. Thought I could use you against the team I'm leveling up. How hard can the chosen ones be?"

I looked at Rose and we nodded. We sent out Skyskater and Forest. The boy sent out Onix and Rapidash.

"Skyskater! Use water gun!" Skyskater launched water at Onix. However, at the same time Rapidash was slowly burning Forest. "Again, Skyskater!" Water spewed all over Rapidash and it fell with Forest. Rose sent out Willow. Onix was still up though and he threw rocks at Skyskater and she fell.

It seemed that the pokemon on his side were working without command. The boy sent out Houndoom as I sent out Rocky. Onix hurled more rocks as Rocky and Willow spun and dodged.

"Willow, use leaf blade!" Rocky shot vines and nailed the Onix. It fell to the ground.

"Rocky, use rock slide!" He shot rocks at Houndoom and made it fall. "Yes!" I said and high fived Rose.

"Wait," said the boy. "You had four pokemon. I've only used three." The boy simply dropped a pokemon and a large shiny Haxorus stood next to him.

"It's still two on one," I said, "this will be easy." The boy just nodded and the Haxorus was gone in a flash. Before we knew it, both Rocky and Willow were lying on the ground with large cuts on the stomach. I looked up. The boy was glaring at us.

"Come on. I've got a place you can stay." He said. He turned around and started walking. We took back our pokemon and walked after him. After a few minutes of awkward silence we reached a large tree. He walked up to the trunk started climbing up. We did the same until we came into a large tree fort.

It was huge! He turned and looked at us. "There's a healing station in the corner. With those injuries it could take hours to heal them. I suggest you stay here overnight. Guest room is the second door by the healing station."

"Thank you," Rose said. He just stared at her with his bright blue eyes. We put our pokeballs in the healing station and unloaded our stuff in the guest room. It just had a bed and a TV. We came back
out and he was sitting on a couch. We went and sat on a couple of chairs next to him.

Rose broke the silence. "That was amazing," she said.

"I know," he said, "the name's Zero by the way."

"Zero?" I questioned?

"Got a problem?"

"No not at all. It's just a unique name."

"It's not my real name of course."

"What is your real name?" Rose asked.

"Only people who beat me find out. You know how many people know my name?" He said.

"How many?" Asked Rose.

"Zero," he said winking at Rose

"So... What's your story, Zero?" I asked.

"Well, I'm from Unova. My girlfriend back there was really into pokemon trainers. I was never very good. So I pulled a few strings and made it to Johto where I trained under the great Lance. Trained there for 3 months, came here and six months later I'm the champion. Now the ladies can't get enough of me. Funny how things escalate like that."

"So what team did you use to beat the champion?" I asked.

"I'll tell you what. I want to challenge you two again some day. And I'll use my team then."

"Sounds good," Rose said.

We ate dinner out of our packs and went to sleep. Zero started to leave. "What I have is yours." He said.

"Where are you going?" Asked Rose.

"You can't waste time sleeping when you have pokemon to train. Good night." And with that he left.